Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Corolla & Avensis
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To be able to order some parts at my dealer, I'm looking for a chassiscode from a Japanese AE92 Trueno Zenki.

I know chances are slim, but if anyone has a number laying around somewhere it would sure help me out :rolleyes:

Thnx in advance!

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
They should have microcat there at the dealership and they should be able to browse it without a definite number, tho most of them dont know worth a shit how to use it. :facepalm:
You can also order TRD parts from the dealer, just give them the part number and dont tell its TRD, because then they get difficult.... atleast this is how its in finland, I would assume its euro-wide like that.

·
Registered
Corolla & Avensis
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He was able to browse it and he did find some of the numbers, but he couldn't really see what he was ordering etc because the JDM stuff doesn't apear on the Euro system.

But a clubmember that also works at a Toyota dealership just told me they can search on the (Euro) CD's, but they can also change it to on-line or something like that and than they can search everything.
Guess the guy at my dealership didn't know that yet. So I'll try that with him next time.

But I would still like a chassisnumber if anyone has one, that would still be much easier :D

PS. Friends an clubmembers also order TMS/TTE parts throught the dealerships, but they always get their parts without any hassle, as long as you pay them they don't seem to mind. :lol:

·
Registered
Corolla & Avensis
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, that only gives me the same numbers I already got before. But thanks anyway! :D

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
I'm not sure if this is the one you need, but it's from a JDM 1989 Trueno Apex (4A-GE engine): AE92-5046448

Let me know if it's not the right one and I'll look again :thumbsup:

EDIT: Fairly sure it's the right one. This is the car that I did the registration check on to obtain the chassis number:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Toyota/auction-313272264.htm

·
Registered
Corolla & Avensis
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I want to ditch the USDM bumpers on my project car and want to know what is still available from the dealer from JDM cars ;)

@ Kiwi Corolla: Yes! That's the kind of car that I'm looking for! But isn't that a incomplete number? It should consist of 17 digits, starting with something like JT doesn't it?

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
Basic JDM bumpers are the same as the euro version bumpers... Then theres the different ones such as the trueno ones, but they're not plug and play, we tried to fit trueno bumpers onto a Liftback AE92, dont fit right.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
I want to ditch the USDM bumpers on my project car and want to know what is still available from the dealer from JDM cars ;)

@ Kiwi Corolla: Yes! That's the kind of car that I'm looking for! But isn't that a incomplete number? It should consist of 17 digits, starting with something like JT doesn't it?
That's the complete chassis code. I can't actually go and look at the car unfortunately, but all the other chassis codes for different models that I've looked up are the same length. The only other code available for that car is the VIN number, which is 7A8H60W0795046448.

·
Resident asshole
Corolla
9,552 Posts
my car only has the AE92-xxxxxxx number, thats why I always get strange stares when I go to get parts.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
you're thinking the VIN number, not the chassis code.

·
Registered
Corolla & Avensis
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Basic JDM bumpers are the same as the euro version bumpers... Then theres the different ones such as the trueno ones, but they're not plug and play, we tried to fit trueno bumpers onto a Liftback AE92, dont fit right.
Exactly, and thats why I want them. They're made of ABS plastic just like our Euro bumpers.
The USDM bumpers have a hudge bar in them with some sort of foam and than something like a cover that's made from a very soft kind of plastic. Almost rubber like! :confused:
A nightmare to paint, they tend to sag en they stick out way more than the JDM bumpers (which are also much nicer!)

But luckely I intend to put them on a Trueno. With the right mounting brackets they should fit right on my projectcar, so that's no problem for me ;)

·
Registered
Corolla & Avensis
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's the complete chassis code. I can't actually go and look at the car unfortunately, but all the other chassis codes for different models that I've looked up are the same length. The only other code available for that car is the VIN number, which is 7A8H60W0795046448.
Ah, maybe I'm confused with the VIN number than. I'll try that number aswell than.
Thanks a bunch guys! :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts