Toyota Nation Forum banner

101 - 120 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
So am I correct that this works on the gen 6 camry? Directly bolts on? I've been researching 2011 highlander calipers n rotors n pads but what about the caliper bracket? Is that from the highlander too? How about the brake booster or master cylinder, do these need to be changed as well? Since going from single piston to 2 piston?Any help is appreciated?

·
2007 Camry SE V6
790 Posts
So am I correct that this works on the gen 6 camry? Directly bolts on? I've been researching 2011 highlander calipers n rotors n pads but what about the caliper bracket? Is that from the highlander too? How about the brake booster or master cylinder, do these need to be changed as well? Since going from single piston to 2 piston?Any help is appreciated?
Yeah I did the upgrade to the Highlander calipers just a few months ago and it was very straight forward. The calipers, pads, and rotors (other than the generic stuff like lube, etc.) are all you need. No need to mess with the brake booster, master cylinder, etc. Depending on the mileage/age of your car, it might be worth replacing the brake fluid.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice I think imma do this work when I gets a bit warmer outside. I need to get The caliper bracket from the highlander also, correct? How was the braking performance after the swap? Was there a noticable difference in stopping power? By chance do u have pics of this mod?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanx. What an intelligent statement. U must be a real fart smella. Oh I mean smart fella. anyone with comment that might help , please respond.

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,238 Posts
Again, learn how to go back a page and read. Page before I posted a pic of the brakes. Thats was one of your questions right there.

·
Registered
2007 Camry LE
404 Posts
Alright to confirm the 08 - 13 Highlander caliper will fit onto an 02 - 06 Camry with no modification to the bracket. Also it seem like you could fit larger calipers (i.e. Lexus IS350, LS 460, Evo brembo) with a simple mounting bracket fabrication?

·
Registered
Camry
248 Posts
How can this upgrade bolt straight up to gen 6, gen 5 and gen 4 camrys?? I had no idea the front brake mounting brackets were the same for the last three generations?! That means any big brake upgrade for camry gen 6/5/4 can be used interchangeably...!! (front only?)

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong here!!

·
2007 Camry SE V6
790 Posts
Centric part numbers for the 2008 Highlander:

Fronts:
Caliper, Driver (rebuilt) = 141.44274
Caliper, Passenger (rebuilt) = 141.44273
Brake Disc Premium Rotor = 120.44158
Brake Pads, Posi-Quiet Ceramic w/ Shims & Hardware = 105.13240

Rear:
Caliper, Driver (rebuilt) = 141.44630
Caliper, Passenger (rebuilt) = 141.44629
Brake Pads, Posi-Quiet Ceramic w/ Shims & Hardware = 105.13250
Brake Disc Premium Rotor = 120.44159

·
Registered
Camry
248 Posts
How can this upgrade bolt straight up to gen 6, gen 5 and gen 4 camrys?? I had no idea the front brake mounting brackets were the same for the last three generations?! That means any big brake upgrade for camry gen 6/5/4 can be used interchangeably...!! (front only?)

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong here!!
If the above holds true, then there are a good amount of BBK options for us 6th gens... including these babies!! (Kit for 2008 Solara)

http://autoplicity.com/products/536222-stop_tech_83_865_4600_72_stoptech_big_brake_kit.aspx

·
Registered
Camry
248 Posts
The way I'm reading it is that you use the brakes from your year highlander.

As for the Solara, their year's dont fully line up with the 4 door Camry, so make sure you look at that generation of solara that fits with your generation of Camry. Hence that kit you just posted wont work for your '11

I don't understand what you mean.. a few 5th and 4th gen folks posted on completing this same upgrade, so that must mean the mounting brackets are the same (or so similar as to not having any issues with installation) Does the Solara not share the same brake components as the 5th gen camry?

·
Registered
187 Posts
I can't confirm that the 4th and 5th gen have the same braking. What I was getting at was that the Solara Generations dont line up exactly with the Camry. Like the Gen1 Solara is '99-'04 vs the Camry having Gen4 '96-'01, Gen5 '02-'06 (2 different generations of the camry to the one generation of the solara).

As far as your Gen6 Camry, I can confirm that the Brakes are not the same between the Gen6 Camry and the Gen5 Camry (which is the Gen2 Solara that is listed in your link)

·
Registered
Camry
248 Posts
I can't confirm that the 4th and 5th gen have the same braking. What I was getting at was that the Solara Generations dont line up exactly with the Camry. Like the Gen1 Solara is '99-'04 vs the Camry having Gen4 '96-'01, Gen5 '02-'06 (2 different generations of the camry to the one generation of the solara).

As far as your Gen6 Camry, I can confirm that the Brakes are not the same between the Gen6 Camry and the Gen5 Camry (which is the Gen2 Solara that is listed in your link)

The brake components may not be the same from the factory, but the caliper mounting brackets and hub bore size of the rotors HAVE to be the same ... how else can you explain that this highlander brake upgrade is a direct swap for both 6th and 5th gen??
..and thats all i care about, because it thats the case, all BBK kits for 5th gen camrys and 2nd gen solaras should also be a good fit for us 6th gen folks (and im betting for 7th gen also)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Wow, Ninja edits there haha.

Anyways, I read through the thread again (3 times over actually lol) and I see what you're getting at now. I was thinking you had the years of the Solara kit upto '08 confused with an '08 Camry being your generation. I was hanging onto an earlier post that you used the same year highlander as your camry. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Added note. I researched the Scion tC since they changed the lug pattern, and cross referenced the calipers and the rotors to have the same part number as my '11 Camry. And of course, the tC has much better aftermarket support including the TRD BBK.

edit: Doesn't quite fit with the "cheap" of course, but hey.

·
Registered
Camry
248 Posts
Added note. I researched the Scion tC since they changed the lug pattern, and cross referenced the calipers and the rotors to have the same part number as my '11 Camry. And of course, the tC has much better aftermarket support including the TRD BBK.

edit: Doesn't quite fit with the "cheap" of course, but hey.
Really?? Are you sure?? That's great news if true.. the Scion TC has tons of aftermarket support!! So the TRD BBK upgrade for the 2011+ Scion TC should be compatible with the camry?! Oh happy day!!! :clap: I think will have to be the guinea pig for this one. :)

101 - 120 of 244 Posts