Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Yeah E-bay the way to go. I got mine for $420 with shipping.
VIS is good quality too, you will be very happy with your hood:thumbup: I know I am

·
Ford Powered
1999 Ford Mustang
439 Posts
i wish i knew more cam people around where i live.

hmm...a wagon with carbon fiber hood...

·
Guess whos back
2000 VW golf
675 Posts
Well CF is a lot weaker anywasy so you don't have to worrie about crumple zones.....they don't dent they crack....but yes they are the OEM style on everyway but lighter

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
MysticAngel04 said:
Does anyone kno any sites where they will have a good VIS carbon fiber hood for cheap? Let me kno!!!
You should be beaten....

One, Nothing good comes cheap.

Two, nothing good comes from VIS

:disappoin

·
Car Breaker
689 Posts
^ I don't know, I've heard some bad stories about VIS and the hoods fading, but then again I've heard some equally good stories about the hoods...

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
Rapeacivic said:
Yeah E-bay the way to go. I got mine for $420 with shipping.
VIS is good quality too, you will be very happy with your hood:thumbup: I know I am
I remove my good quality statement. My Hood has started to fade:thumbdown

·
Rev Tech Style's 1st Lady
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I got a cf hood, ViS on Ebay for $420, I know a lot of people with ViS and they haven't had any fading. The hood I got is Grade A double sided cf, I don't think I'll have any problems. My bf has had a ViS cf hood for 2 years and still looks in great shape, no fading at all-I've never heard anything bad about ViS until now because I heard they are the best brand out there-everything else is crap. The only hoods that really fade are the no-name brands or the hoods that don't say they are UV protected...mine did so I should be fine. Thanx for your imput tho guys...tell ur ViS hood horror stories...

·
"I BUILD SLEEPERS"
2014 4Runner TEP
2,558 Posts
LOL Vis is the bottom of the barrell...
Compared to other companies such as Fiber Images or the Japanese big name companies...

Comparing a VIS quality vs a C-West or C-ONE ... LOL is like comparing a Twin Turbo Supra to ass wipe...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts