Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be replacing my valve covers and while i am at it i am going to be doing my spark plugs. Where is a cheap place (on-line or in a store) to get the NGK Spark plugs?
Every where i looked, places want about $6 per plug :rolleyes:

for my 2002 Trans Am, my NGK plugs were $1.50 for my TR6s...

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

·
Ninja-rator
4,262 Posts
Oh, lol. Sorry, it's been a few years since I've shopped for plugs and won't be for another 60k or so miles-- Haven't kept with the prices!

·
Registered
228 Posts
hahah it is all good
The factory plugs aren't just any off-the-shelf plug... They are platinum tipped and have dual ground electrodes. Use anything else and your efficiencies will drop. With gas prices on the way back up, I can't imagine why you would scrimp? esp since you wont have to think about them for the next ~5 years. The dealer has the best price (Denso), at least when compared to NAPA (NGKs).

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had my 99 Avalon original Denso PK20TR11 spark plugs changed last August with 235,000 km, which translated into 146,000 miles.

Original plug Denso PK20TR11 is double tip. I did not realized it, until I remove them. I replaced them with NGK BKR6EIX-11 iridium single tip. However, if were to do it again, I would buy the original Denso double tip or similar design. I believe that there is a reason for having a double tip spark plug.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had my 99 Avalon original Denso PK20TR11 spark plugs changed last August with 235,000 km, which translated into 146,000 miles.

Original plug Denso PK20TR11 is double tip. I did not realized it, until I remove them. I replaced them with NGK BKR6EIX-11 iridium single tip. However, if were to do it again, I would buy the original Denso double tip or similar design. I believe that there is a reason for having a double tip spark plug.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be getting the OEM Denso ones. My buddy works for Toyota, we are going to be doing my valve covers on thursday.

Thanks for the info guys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts