Toyota Nation Forum banner

Cheapest OEM Toyota parts

1008 Views 18 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  koho
Hello Toyota folks. I searched on the site for a Toyota parts dealer who might sell at discount but I did not see a post. Any recommendations or do they all just sell retail? My second question: I am importing a 97 Landcruiser with a diesel engine from Japan and wonder if anyone out there know of a parts supplier for the Prado in this country? I know parts can be shipped from China and Japan but I wonder if anyone has stock here in the US for example for common parts like Timing belt kits, filters, injectors etc. Thank you
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
231 Posts
I have been supporting Lewis Toyota Topeka Kansas

Most parts (non-trd) are 31% off MSRP+ no shipping charge if over 75$
Exception is likely very large very heavy parts
You just missed a nice cyber weekend sale where it was mostly all 41% off msrp

I think they make their coin in volume?
Some yota monkey parts changers complain about these deeply discounted OEM parts, don't know why!

· Super Moderator
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
19,212 Posts
I doubt you'll be able to get diesel parts from them, Prado was never built for the US Market.
I have been supporting Lewis Toyota Topeka Kansas

Most parts (non-trd) are 31% off MSRP+ no shipping charge if over 75$
Exception is likely very large very heavy parts
You just missed a nice cyber weekend sale where it was mostly all 41% off msrp

I think they make their coin in volume?

· Registered
2013 Camry XLE
3,545 Posts
I doubt you'll be able to get diesel parts from them, Prado was never built for the US Market.
This brings up a question. Can any Toyota dealer order any Toyota part? Or are they limited to market area? And if so why? Parts is parts, ain’t they?

· Registered
20 Posts
What about things like weather stripping for sunroof, trunk, and doors for a 99 Camry solara…is there any benefit to going OEM and any suggestions as far as where to get the best deal? Is that old enough that I might encounter issues finding them at most places or not really? Thanks for any input

· straight cash homie
23,721 Posts
Just shop around on different Toyota dealer parts websites, like the one @Gen7-bestGen mentioned. Different dealers discount their parts more than others. Some are MSRP, while some can really deep discount. Best to arm yourself with the part numbers of the parts you need and shop around. Spend $75 and its free shipping. It is much easier to find deals on OE parts than before; if you happen to live near the dealer, you can order and pick it up in person, which is good if you're not spending $75 to get free shipping.

· Registered
27 Posts
Hello Toyota folks. I searched on the site for a Toyota parts dealer who might sell at discount but I did not see a post. Any recommendations or do they all just sell retail? My second question: I am importing a 97 Landcruiser with a diesel engine from Japan and wonder if anyone out there know of a parts supplier for the Prado in this country? I know parts can be shipped from China and Japan but I wonder if anyone has stock here in the US for example for common parts like Timing belt kits, filters, injectors etc. Thank you
rockauto.com

· Registered
82 Posts
If you do an Internet search for a specific part you will find various Toyota dealers that offer it at a variety of prices, with some significantly lower in price than others. I have bought genuine Toyota parts from Toyota dealers in Wesley Chapel FL and Laredo TX for that reason.

· Registered
23 Posts
I use McGeorge Toyota in Virginia
with about 30 to35 percent off retail

· Registered
63 Posts
I just search Discount Toyota Parts Online, it brings up a host of retailers but I look for the dealerships in various cities. You will need to do some research. 1 shop may be cheaper on part A but higher on part B than another shop. Also look to see if they offer free shipping or minimum order to receive free shipping. Also the farther away the shop is may increase shipping time. Good luck.

· Registered
21 Posts
You ca get OEM OIL filters from Walmart website.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts