Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was replacing my revtek lift blocks with aal springs from toytec and discovered that I was being cheated by the stock shocks!! I was being limited about 3 inches of drop from the stock bilstein shocks, if you lift the frame of your truck up and unhook the stock shoks you will see that your truck can go at least 3 inches higher before the wheels come off the ground! New LONGER shocks will be installed today. In the 4x4 world that is a huge gain! those of you who already know this just shut up!

AAL springs provide an awesome ride! I think it is smoother than stock and better cornering Great purchase 5 Stars:whatwhat: :clap:

FOR $ALE Rev-Tek alloy blocks, longer u bolts & nuts for the lift in the back $$ 50 shipped!

·
Trevor
2,026 Posts
wingysataday said:
Well I was replacing my revtek lift blocks with aal springs from toytec and discovered that I was being cheated by the stock shocks!! I was being limited about 3 inches of drop from the stock bilstein shocks, if you lift the frame of your truck up and unhook the stock shoks you will see that your truck can go at least 3 inches higher before the wheels come off the ground! New LONGER shocks will be installed today. In the 4x4 world that is a huge gain! those of you who already know this just shut up!

AAL springs provide an awesome ride! I think it is smoother than stock and better cornering Great purchase 5 Stars:whatwhat: :clap:

FOR $ALE Rev-Tek alloy blocks, longer u bolts & nuts for the lift in the back $$ 50 shipped!
Just don't forget to get extended your brake lines, with longer shocks the possibility for over extending them becomes very real.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
extended brake lines, were do I get em and how much? I do have that alloy brake line extender from rev-tek does that count? or are we talkin parking brake lines?

·
Trevor
2,026 Posts
wingysataday said:
extended brake lines, were do I get em and how much? I do have that alloy brake line extender from rev-tek does that count? or are we talkin parking brake lines?
I don't know what the alloy brake line extender is or looks like from revtek but as long as your brake lines aren't pulled tight when at full droop then it's ok. If they are tight then it's time for some new lines. You can get them lots of places. Toytec for instance sells them online, here is a link.http://www.toyteclifts.com/0507tacocart.html#0507tacoother

·
knucklehead
113 Posts
You can almost 3" in your brake lines just by bending the brake line brackets a little.

·
Trevor
2,026 Posts
GTCOMA said:
do you need to extend the brake lines with toytec's basic pro setup when you use the stock bilstein shocks?

Also when do you need to use the rear degree axle shims and the carrier bearing drop kit?
1) No because the stock shocks will limit the amount of droop you have.

2) When and if you are trying to correct your pinion angle. It will differ from truck to truck by how the lift was achieved and by how high you go. There is no one answer for when to use them. Best idea is to learn how to set your pinion angle, and then you will know how much correction you may need.

·
Official Newb
2006 4x4 Tacoma TRD
1,210 Posts
imo, the ride and off road capabilities of AAL's suck. thats what i have now and they are terrible when i go wheeling. Alcan is making some new leaf packs for me as i speak, so within a few more weeks i will be that much happier with my truck's wheeling capabilities

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
The springs is what sets your ride height. The shocks only absorb bumps and stabilize the ride.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
You will not gain any lift from new shocks just drop. What I am saying is; if you ever max out your rear end, your entire axle is being held up by your rear shocks, if they are stock!! Plus lmiting your off-road capabilities. Anyone know the extended length of the stock shocks? or What length the new shocks need to be?

What I mean by maxing out: when 1 tire is up in the fender and the other is dropped to the ground. like this:
PS I LOVE MY ALCAN's!!! offrad and on road the ride and performance is great!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Anyone know the extended length of the stock shocks? or What length the new shocks need to be?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts