Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
2020 Corolla SE upgrade HB
Discussion Starter #1
Geez, my first Toyota and already got a check engine light today. Not even 1/2 way through it's first tank of gas...code P013A 馃え

Registered
Assuming that any manufacturer is capable of producing defect free cars would be incorrect. That is what warranty is for.

Registered
'20 Corolla SE 6MT Sedan
Enjoy all the mostly-useless, gimmicky tech-bloat - and the repair frustration and/or expense that will come with it sooner or later.

Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
Early adopters remorse?

19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
It's no big deal, and it should clear out by itself... It's an automatic? Aren't you a real wrench monkey? How did you manage to trigger that warning?

P013A actually corresponds to: O2 Sensor Slow Response - Rich to Lean (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

Toyota: "Drive-Start Control recognises if the wrong gear has been selected when the driver is applying the throttle. It will flash up a warning and reduce engine output to limit a sudden start or acceleration... This can help, for example, when a driver reacts to hitting an object while reversing by making a quick shift to a forward gear while still pressing the accelerator pedal."

Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
Nah, I'll pass you back your Corona!

Seriously, these are the little things that are to be expected in a new gen. It will get better by 2022.

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
It's no big deal, and it should clear out by itself... It's an automatic? Aren't you a real wrench monkey? How did you manage to trigger that warning?
Yes, a real wrench monkey, just not by profession. :sneaky:

update: I cleared the code yesterday and it hasn't returned yet. Still breaking the engine in and perhaps the repetitive acceleration, deceleration on yesterday's joy ride induced some ecu confusion. unlikely but...who knows..

75acres. no remorse yet but it did deflate my expectations.

got-rice. I'll check the gas cap, thanks.

19 Corolla HB SE 6-spd
That's good. I was hoping you could try clearing it... It's getting a good break-in then, even though it's an automatic. Everything should be just fine.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
Check engine light back on today. All dealerships closed until April 13th because of Covid-19. Time to look underneath the car and snoop around for any obvious signs of problems with that O2 sensor or related problems to it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Code p013a now has a friend, p0420. so maybe a bad cat or exhaust manifold. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts