Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my grlfriends car had some bad plug wires. The CE light was flashing or would be solid until I replaced the wires. Car runs great but the light is still on. Is there any way to cycle it?

With my Camaro I pull 2 fuses out of the PCM and turn the key to the run position for 15 minutes and it clears all codes. Looking for something like that..

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
something tells me it wasn't the plug wires to cause the cel to go off...... check your o2 sensor

·
Registered
105 Posts
I understand that with some cars simply pulling the battery connections will sometimes reset the light.

My grandpa's Montana is really cool. You turn the ignation to on (but don't start the car) push the gas pedal 10 times, turn off the igniation then turn the car on. You would think they would just put a flipping switch in hahaha.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
toyotaspeed90 said:
something tells me it wasn't the plug wires to cause the cel to go off...... check your o2 sensor

The car had a very heavy miss. Pulled the wires and 3 of them broke (The metal piece that connect to the plug slipped right off the end). Once I replaced the wires, the miss was gone. I plan on having Kragen run the code this weekend just to double check other things, but any way to clear the CEL?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No one seems to have the answer?? Here I thought I might find some people that are technical car enthusiasts..

·
Registered
356 Posts
Most part stores like autozone would read the codes for you for free. Then you have to check online and see what's that code for and usually check the circuit, ie O2 sensor...
Most CEL codes are related to emission problems. Sometimes its simply a loose gas cap. Post back with the codes.

·
Registered
508 Posts
As mentioned taking the battery cable loose for 10-20 seconds will reset the light but if the problem is still present the light will return.

If you get the code read someone may be able to help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts