Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being the lazy person that I am, and yes having done endless searches and have not found anything even close to an answer, .....here I am. Our 2002 Camry LE with 52,000 miles on it decided to bless us with the dreaded "CHECK ENGINE" light on our way home from a trip this weekend. So I tried the usual suspects, like the gas cap and ....ok that's all I tried, (the lazy thing again) LOL Of course the tech from the Toyota dealership wants me to bring it right in.....yea I'll bet he does. Anyway I also have two other problems, that may or may not be related. first the rotten egg smell. The service guy gave me the speech about the gas companies adding more bla, bla, bla, and I told him of another problem in that every time we stop the car at a stop sign and then take off again, there seems to be a sound like that of water spilling over something in the compartment. My first thought was that the drains under the wiper cowling are plugged, but if that was true I would have noticed it sometime during the 18 inches of rain we got in 14 days. And yes this sound happened way before the rainy season started. I have read that the charcoal can sometimes gets flooded with gas, and I can't even seem to find it let alone check it. Please all knowing and wise forum junkies, help out a frustrated but still happy Toyota owner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
drunken_panda said:
There was a recall for a rotten egg smell on some gen5 Camrys. The water sloshing could be from a clogged evap drain plug from the AC. Easy to fix with a bit of stiff wire.

Wow that was fast, hey where would this drain plug be? Thanks again.:confused:

deej

·
Iron Chef IV
730 Posts
I dont know where it is on the Gen5, but it should be near the fire wall. Its where the water will puddle up if you had the AC on. If you go out and turn on the AC and let it run for a while you can see if there is any water puddleing under the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.