Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Corolla GT-S
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey u guys i have a lil question...i bought a 90 gts a while ago and they guy who had it before took off the cat, so i have a straight pipe from engine to the back now...sounds nice and what not but that damn check engine light is always on since there is no more O2 sensor...how can i get it to shut off, without removing the bulb...lol.
thanks a lot

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
You might be able to use a cheater to replace the O2 sensors and fool the ECU. There was a website that listed how to do this but forgot where it was. Also, this topic was discussed on TN, might do a history search.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Put the O2 sensor back, taking it off doesn't do anything for power. :disappoin

·
Registered
108 Posts
I agree with REN69 advice, it's better to install a cheap after market cat not more than $75~$100 (from junk yard it may be more cheaper) and install a oxygen sensor (may new or from junk yard, but, working). From junk yard you can get both for cheap.Wihout input from O2 sensor ECU function in a fail-safe mode. And your car may fail emission test. Installing cat and O2 sensor may improve your driving power and fuel efficiency.Fooling around ECU with O2 sensor simulator will not be a good option coz finally ECU will fool around with driver, ECU uses O2 sensor input for various controls like throttle, in-take air, fuel injection, spark plug voltage and try to maintain air-to-fuel ratio optimum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts