Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for askin but....

The check engine light is on, I have access to all the codes,but how do I read them. I thought I did this last year but i forgot.
Yep, I have the service manual, the OBAII is under the Driver side dash i marked the connector pins. Did i short them??? Or is the only way,is to go and have the scanner tool check it

2003 taco 4door auto 3.4l

Thanks...i checked my previous post but the question wasnt there and tried searching others :headbang:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, but i have the list of codes that tell the description, when i had my 93 v6 4x4 I shorted the TE1 and E1 to get the codes, so when i got my 03 I'm pretty sure I checked the codes, the reason why is under the Drivers side is the OBdll and i have 2 terminals marked , although when i shorted them my cruise,abs air bag, P. brake lights came on and the cruise and abs where blinking, the abs light code blinked 3 and 3 ..for the R.R. wheel speed sensor..it was a year ago when i did this so i kinda forgot. Maybe thats all i checked

·
This Space For Rent
14,150 Posts
IIRC you can't just jumper the terminals in the OBDII connectors like you can in the older OBDI equipped vehicles, you need to have a code reader plugged in to actually read the codes properly.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Oh Ok, then that must have been the reason why I had the OBDll marked, then what i did was just check the abs. This was in the service manual @ http://www.tankota.net/repair/index.htm i went searching for why i could have marked them in the first place.

Another subject if u can answer,this is on my 03 Chrysler T&C: rack and pinion steering, when i turn the steering wheel 1/4 turn back and fourth I feel this "bumping noise", its coming from the drivers side inner tie rod side that goes into the R & P. Now, on a regular steering gear box, you loosen the nut,and adjust the screw, then tighten the nut...is there something like this on the R & P?

thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts