Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving home today from work and i was in 4th gear doing about 75 and all of a sudden there cut in power and the check engine light came on and then went back off. im thinkg it was boost cut. but then when i pulled over and checked inside the engine bay i didnt see anything so i went back into my car and started driving again and the same thing happened but this time in second gear at maybe like 4 psi.. luckly i was close to my house and i drove it there slowly. i checked the engine bay again and i saw a vac leak and fixed it but i dont think there was only 1 vac leak because i still hear a leak.. what i want to know is if there is a tiny vac leak can it cause boost/fuel cut.. or any ideas of why the check engine lite came on and then went off..

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Yea... that sounds like fuel cut. Check the hose leading into the pressure sensor. If it is disconnected and not plugged... it may cause what you are talking about. Rear right corner of the engine bay.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i checked that there wus a tiny hose called #8 hose that had a busted.. my dad who works on the car and tunes it with my told me that the tiny vac leak like that coulda cause the engine to surge and the fuel cut would hit.. im going by wut he said.. but imma test run it again tonite in a little bit after the vma's and see if it does it again..
thanks for the reply..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts