Toyota Nation Forum banner

181 - 200 of 505 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sure it would be helpful to many folks here if you could provide us with the name of the company, their price, and perhaps a URL to a web page with describes what they do and how to use their services.
From an earlier post, I saw an e-bay link to Automotive Scientific, Inc.

http://www.autoecu.com Phone: 423-921-9085

I currently have an inquiry in to them since they don't appear to have an active auction with this part. Hopefully they will still be rebuilding the part.

I have started getting the same symptoms, but when I connect my scan gauge there are no codes present. Next step will be taking it to a dealer or service center that has the proper scantool to read all of the trouble codes and fix various components.

·
Registered
12 Posts
From an earlier post, I saw an e-bay link to Automotive Scientific, Inc.

http://www.autoecu.com Phone: 423-921-9085

I currently have an inquiry in to them since they don't appear to have an active auction with this part. Hopefully they will still be rebuilding the part.

I have started getting the same symptoms, but when I connect my scan gauge there are no codes present. Next step will be taking it to a dealer or service center that has the proper scantool to read all of the trouble codes and fix various components.

Sorry you are going though this no easy way out. Report to the National Highway safety , I did , I finally got a response. I do believe this is finaly being looked into. But this will take a long time. Rebuilds are not the answer, as I have been informed by a previous Toyota Certified mechanic, who is now operating his own business. Not sure of the out come in the end. Cost alot of money. I got a new abs, corrected and true, toyota part. 2400. labor arround 300ish. No easy way out on this one. Yet, do keep your records, and be one of us who are bitch, whining and moaning.
Unfortunately, it is going to take a few deaths before this gets addressed.
and ironically the new abs system has been addressed.. God speed to all
I have all my info, maybe some day I can recoop some of the should have been recall expense!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry you are going though this no easy way out. Report to the National Highway safety , I did , I finally got a response. I do believe this is finaly being looked into. But this will take a long time. Rebuilds are not the answer, as I have been informed by a previous Toyota Certified mechanic, who is now operating his own business. Not sure of the out come in the end. Cost alot of money. I got a new abs, corrected and true, toyota part. 2400. labor arround 300ish. No easy way out on this one. Yet, do keep your records, and be one of us who are bitch, whining and moaning.
Unfortunately, it is going to take a few deaths before this gets addressed.
and ironically the new abs system has been addressed.. God speed to all
I have all my info, maybe some day I can recoop some of the should have been recall expense!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2007 Camry Hybrid Break Issues

Thank you for posting the info on NHTSA. I'm really frustrated by my experience, as well. I didn't realize all those clicking noises were contributing to my ultimate break failure. My power break system fails intermittently...usually while braking on the freeway...quite scary. All the lights come on. But, when the dealer couldn't "duplicate the problem," I was sent home with my dangerous car. Finally got it to them with the system lights still on and now they're thinking it's the brake actuator. Seems like with so many people having issues (which Toyota denies), they would issue a recall. Someone could get killed. Oh, that's right...Toyota "has insurance for that," as the repairman not so politely told me. :headbang:

·
Registered
13 Posts
2014 TCH "Check Hybrid System" Light

Hello all, new to the forums. Would appreciate all the insight you could provide.

Just bought the 2014 TCH LE on Sunday (11/10). Had 6 miles on it when I drove off the lot.
Driving home yesterday night (11/12), all of the sudden the car starts slowing down (like someone downshifting). I couldn't get the car up past ~30MPH. A bunch of warnings start coming on and the "Check Hybrid System" light comes on. Thankfully was able to safely pull over and restart.

Turned the car back on and it's driving somewhat normal again. Light is still on. Immediately took it to the dealer where they are checking it out now.

Just wondering how a brand new car with ~60 miles it already is beginning to have issues with it? Car was garaged both nights, so outside interference seems unlikely.

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

Anyways, thanks! Much appreciated. Look forward to finding out what it is.

·
Premium Member
'13 TAH & '10 FJC
895 Posts
When you bought it, did they send it to the back for a quick detail wash and check? I've seen the prep staff on Sundays to be the weakest of the chain, and they may have dinked something up, too.

Here's hoping it is an easy fix, and welcome to the forum!:welcome:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Stuff happens I don't think it's a big deal I'm sure the Dealer will take care of it for you. I understand it's brand new and you don't expect this happening from the get go. Keep us posted and welcome to the Hybrid club!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks, all!
Yes, it did go to the back for a quick detail/wash. Not sure what they could have done to cause this.

Just got off the phone with the Service Department. I guess they called Toyota Headquarters and they are suggesting that the transmission be replaced. Requested details on what caused this nightmare. Waiting to find out....

Bunk transmission after 60 miles? What's going on here!!!

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Thanks, all!
Yes, it did go to the back for a quick detail/wash. Not sure what they could have done to cause this.

Just got off the phone with the Service Department. I guess they called Toyota Headquarters and they are suggesting that the transmission be replaced. Requested details on what caused this nightmare. Waiting to find out....

Bunk transmission after 60 miles? What's going on here!!!
The transmission is dead simple. Hard to mess it up unless they forgot to put oil in it. My guess would be is that it is a computer or electronics failure, and your traction battery has discharged.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I had a Acura that had the transmission fail at less than 10K miles, and it was replaced it under warranty. Was told that the failure was due some metal debris left behind during the manufacturing process. Never had any more problems with the transmission after that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So after trying to isolate the fault yesterday, they were unable to recreate the error code. Now they think that it may be some sort of sensor failure. Regardless, they are keeping my car for another day.

I called Toyota Customer Service to open up a case. Hopefully, they'll be able to some how reimburse me for the inconvenience, once they actually figure out the problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Went to pick up my car today:
- Service department said that Toyota instructed them to verify/clean/reconnect the MG1 connector to the continuously variable transmission. They then drove the vehicle around for ~100 miles over two days, sending various screenshots to Toyota. Error codes never materialized and they determined that that was the fix.

From Wikipedia:
MG1: MG1 (Secondary motor-generator): Acts as a motor sharing power with ICE to drive MG2, generates power to recharge the HV battery or starts the engine (ICE). By regulating the amount of electrical power generated (by varying MG1's mechanical torque and speed), MG1 effectively controls the transaxle's continuously variable transmission.

- I drove home, then noticed that the cover to the CVT in the trunk was never reaffixed. (Great!). Drove back to the dealer to have that taken care of.

- Drove back home and just as I'm about to pull in, the same problem occurs. Loss of power and when I shutdown, the engine shuts down hard. No warm fuzzy feeling there.

- Drive back to the dealer and reopen the service order. They gave me back the same Yaris rental. Day 3 without my new car going on Day 4.

Going to call Toyota Customer Care tomorrow to followup with the case that I initiated. Hopefully get a new replacement (this time with the color that I originally wanted).

Should I call the dealer where I purchased it at or go through Toyota directly? Where would I have more leverage?

Thanks for all the help guys!
*frustration ensues*

181 - 200 of 505 Posts