Toyota Nation Forum banner

501 - 505 of 505 Posts

·
6,464 Posts
"P0A80" Replace Hybrid Battery Pack.

INSPECTION PROCEDURE

PROCEDURE

1. CHECK FOR DTCS (DTC P0A1F-123 IS OUTPUT)
(a) Connect the intelligent tester to the DLC3. (b) Turn the power switch on (IG). (c) Select the following menu items: DIAGNOSIS / OBD/MOBD / HV ECU / DTC INFO / CURRENT CODES. (d) Check if DTCs are output.
Result:
DTC P0A1F-123 is output.
YES -- GO TO INSPECTION PROCEDURE RELEVANT TO OUTPUT DTC
NO -- Continue to next step.
  1. READ VALUE ON INTELLIGENT TESTER
(a) Ensure the safety of the areas in front and at the back of the vehicle. (b) Connect the intelligent tester to the DLC3. (c) Turn the power switch on (READY). (d) Select the following menu items: DIAGNOSIS / OBD/MOBD / HV ECU / DATA LIST / V1 to V17 BATT BLOCK. (e) Fully warm up the engine and turn the air conditioning off. (f) Firmly depress the brake pedal with your left foot. (g) Move the shift lever to the D position. (h) Record each battery block voltage from the data list (V1 to V17 BATT BLOCK) while fully depressing the accelerator pedal. (i) Compare the battery block voltages (V1 to V17 BATT BLOCK) between the even and odd number groups in each combination shown in the table below.

(j)
Check the voltage difference in the all 9 combinations.
OK:
The difference in voltage of all combinations is 0.3 V or more.
YES -- REPLACE BATTERY SMART UNIT
NO -- REPLACE HV BATTERY

This should be done with intelligent scanner. Like techstream.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2012 Camry Hybrid LE Check Hybrid System

Tuned off high-beam stayed on after car off and locked. caution triangle warning light stayed on when driving, ended up not starting, after sever battery drainage. CHECK HYBRID SYSTEM MAINTENANCE REQUIRED Came up when trying to start. Research has shown me this has been a problem for this year and car. Have to go to DEALER for diagnostic😞 Experience would be helpful:smile:
Update; Saturday 04/22/2017 Dealership just called, said a rodent chewed through to camshaft censer, they will repair and replace pins for $ 110.00 total. I'm happy it wasn't as bad as I thought.:smile:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have camry 2007 hybrid , 130,000 mile , running normally without problems , yesterday I removed the passenger seat and the back seat and sent them for repair , the passenger seat is heated .
this morning i started the engine and turned on the air conditioner , then check hybrid system and vcs appeared but the car run smoothly ( without hybrid engine ) , do yoh think if I put the seats back on this problem will resolve ??

·
6,464 Posts
Welcome to TN.
Did you disconnect 12V battery during removal?
To answer your question, Body Control Module totally knows seats were removed. This car has many computers that talk to each other. So it's plausible.

501 - 505 of 505 Posts