Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im a yota owner from Oregon. I am in the Marine Corps/in Iraq............again.
I drive a 97 runnner 4WD SR5, wit da V6 baby.
So far I have a cold air intake and TRD Gen III super charger, and the obviouse stereo upgrades and i put some bigger tires on it.
I am trying to find out a couple of things,
1. do i need a new fuel pump, injectors and should i have a fuel regulator on it? if so what do you all suggest. i have looked into accel and trd but that is expensive. i know i can calculate the amount of fuel pressure i need based on the amount of HP. i dont know how much HP the truck had stock so i dont know what the HP. is now.
2. should i be thinkin about replacing the heads? i am having them P/P right now, but should i look into new ones?
3. what can i do to optimize my S/C?
4. will my MAP have the maps it needs for my S/C or should i look into a new ECU?
my goal is to put new cat back exhaust on it, S/C, P/P the heads, optimize fuel regulation, and put about 4 in under it. what else should i do?

·
The Smashing Pumpkins
335 Posts
You need better fuel delivery. TRD made a 7th injector kit for the newer 3.4 liter superchargers. You could try using larger injectors, and maybe a better fuel pump to. I'm not sure how much stock boost is for you, but maybe you could upgrade after some fuel mods. Getting new heads would definately help lower compression to accomodate boost more safely. Try getting headers and exhaust to really help the S/C do its thing. Then get an air/fuel and timing tuning device like the split second fc. or you can just get the Apexi Safc2. But go to this site called URD-USA or something like that. It's called Underdog Racing Development I think. They make all kinds of S/C friendly products for Toyotas. Good luck.

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
Damn the Jarheads are invading TN, from 1 Leatherneck to another welcome to the forum....

Give'em hell over there, remember, the German didn't give us the name Devil Dogs for nothing..... Show them what the Corps is made of...

Oh yeah sweet set-up you have there, when you get back you have to post pics.

-Semper Fi.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks all

URD is the greatest thing since sliced bread for the 4rnr. i appreciate the feed back and will try and post some pix when ever i get home. oh and to the marines out there that replied. semper fi to all of you that have and are serving. one last thing i didnt mention, i also installed a GPS in my truck but you have to see the pix to beleive how it was done. it took me some 6 hours to get this thing mounted right but it looks great.

america the beautiful

"most people go through life wondering if they have made a diffrence; marine dont have that problem."
Ronald Regan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts