Toyota Nation Forum banner

Check out my tablet mount 2013 Venza

1781 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  GDM
Padholder LLC makes a great metal mounting base custom for the first gen Venzas. It installs in 5 minutes if you know how to remove interior panels. I have a 10.5 inch Tab S6 mounted to it on an Arkon tablet mount. Because I drive so much I decided I needed the bigger screen for navigation as it's much easier to see which means I don't look away from the road like I did with my phone mounted there. Much safer.
Reactions: exploreco
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
That looks great.
Reminds me of a police cruiser :unsure:馃榾
I didn't like the oem nav so I put my Garmin in front of the speedometer.

The garmin had a backup camera so I put it in the front at the center of the grille as a parking aid for my wife whom I gave the Venza to when I got my Jeep Hemi SRT.
The view is backwards but it's still good for centering the car pulling into a parking spot.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks great.
Reminds me of a police cruiser :unsure:馃榾
I didn't like the oem nav so I put my Garmin in front of the speedometer.

The garmin had a backup camera so I put it in the front at the center of the grille as a parking aid for my wife whom I gave the Venza to when I got my Jeep Hemi SRT.
The view is backwards but it's still good for centering the car pulling into a parking spot.
Thanks!
I actually get some people at red lights and cruising on the highway because it looks like how cop cars have the laptop there 馃槀 you know those drivers that are in your lane (on a 4 lane road, 2 lanes going each direction) behind you all the way up to the red light and at the last second they decide to swerve into the open lane next to you so they can be first? Every one of those people that's looked over and seen the tablet has ended up not gunning it when the light turns green. People on the highway will start to pass me on the right and then they see the tablet and slow right down 馃槀 I'm definitely not a cop and cops around here definitely don't drive Venzas so I get a good laugh out of it every time it happens.
I like your setup too, I used to put my phone there before I bought a mount.

Registered
Well you never know who could be a cop.
Twice in my life I've been pulled over by cops in their own private unmarked vehicles.
One was an old 2008 Ford Edge and the other was a Sunbird or something.
Both had a small set of flashing blue and red LEO lights.
Luckily they were car enthusiasts impressed with my Hemi SRT and Trackhawk saying "this is some vehicle" and let me go (y) .

Registered
2016 Toyota Corolla LE & 2006 Toyota Camry
How was this mounted?
I鈥檓 looking for a solid tablet mount that can handle curves, turns, speeding, hard slow downs and bumpy roads.

I don鈥檛 want the tablet up high at the windshield, no need for a blind spot.

I鈥檝e been looking for a mount that I can bolt down at the bottom, like the rail of the passenger seat, but it has to be sturdy as hell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.