Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Mitsubishi Diamante Owner
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1993 Honda Accord EX (I'm not 100% on the EX-R badging... more on that later)
155,000 miles
5spd
All power options
Leather

Asking price was $3000
After talking to the guy I got it for $2700 plus just under $600 shipped to my door.

The EX and EX-R are the exact same car. The EX-R is the EX model in Canada. The car is coming from New York so possilby it is a Canadian model... but the odometer shows miles not kilometers. The owner is an older gentleman that works in a mechanics shop. I'm going through his son which just sold his '92 Accord on ebay and shipped it the same way.

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
thats nice dude.

Just fix up the driver seat and ur all good.

By the way get those tires off of that car now! The pirelli 4 seasons is not good. Tire rack will tell you they're not good. My friend who just got a 2006 saab 9-3 1.8T drives conservatively and its no good. Even with the weight of the car it hydros easily in the city....

I suppose its an alright tire, but if i had the choice i'd go with something that could potentially get me out of an accident.

But nice buy. My aunt had that accord for years and years and with tons more miles. She finally sold it for a TSX because it had too many repair issues...haha

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
You jsut keep slipping farther and farther towards the dark side dont you? Nice looking car though. To bad you ahve to wait for it to come from NY. I had a friend that bought an old Caprice COupe off of ebay from a guy in NEw York. It took about two weeks to get here and then anohter three months or so to get all the title crap worked out so he could register it here in TN.

·
93 240sx SR Hatch
1999 Solara
6,575 Posts
pretty good looking ride man

i still miss the camry:sosad:

·
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They moved to NY and never had the plates swapped. It's commonplace for people that either have 2 residencies or people that are moving temporarily for a job..... I don't which one it is and frankly don't care... as long as my car arrives in one piece ;)

I've toyed with the thought of buying another gen 4.5 Camry... but they want too much for them here and it'd be heartbreaking to have to start from scratch again on one...

This makes my 5th Accord purchase... rather suiting it's a 5th gen huh?

So now my list is:
87 LXi hatch 5spd (86-87 style slightly different than 88-89) (donated)
91 EX sedan auto (90-91 style slightly different than 92-93) (sold)
93 LX sedan 5spd (see above) (currently have)
94 EX sedan 5spd (94-95 slightly different than 96-97) (awaiting shipping)
96 LX sedan auto (see above) (sold)

So now to make it where I have every incarnation of the 3rd, 4th, and 5th gen Accord I need an '88-'89 model... but they're getting too old so that probably won't happen.

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
I heard on the 5 spds you can dissconnect some wire the odometer will stop working so miles wont show.....check that car good since the guy owning it is a mechanic...and probally knows that trick..

·
'03 Diamante
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The only way the odometer stops working is if the speedometer stops working.... I don't know anyone that WANTS to drive around without their speedo working.

On my '91 The speedo didn't work for a long time and didn't clock any miles.

·
Breakin' necks since '02!
2,330 Posts
CDub LXi said:
I don't know anyone that WANTS to drive around without their speedo working.
A guy I sometimes work for said he's done that countless times. He said he once bought a car with like 20k miles on it drove it for about 40k miles and reconnected it and sold it as only having 20k on it. Some people will do that to get more money out of a sale.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,665 Posts
No dude.. there are EX and EX-R in canada.. my buddy has an EX-R coupe and I was looking at an EX-R sedan a few years back.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts