Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
I think it would look alot better if it didn't look like an ad for Auto Werx, w/ a link that goes nowhere.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
trdspeedwayblue said:
what the hell can i just get an honest answer of what you guys think about what the rim would look like on the 05 tacoma
The image isn't visible, it shows up as an ad for AutoWerx.

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
Well since I have had them on my truck since day 1, I'd say I was a fan!

*edit *

Tip-
Don't fall for the black powdercoated version, a buddy of mine has a set and they're already chipping.

·
In The REAL Norcal...
2005 Taco DC 4X4
296 Posts
Those wheels are much better looking than the logo.........

honestly....those are great looking wheels!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Here's a 16 incher, I think.

I like 'em, but there are other ones I'd like better. But more $ of course. Boze makes some nice truck wheels.

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
I bought them because they were chrome and I was sick of polishing aluminum wheels, they looked pretty nice on the truck, and they were cheap enough to not give a shit about when I'm offroading.

Surprisingly though, they still look pretty good for as much deep sand as they have seen.

Hell, that B&W picture was taken after about 10k miles on them. :lol:

·
Seattle Seahawks Rule
2005 Toyota Tacoma
222 Posts
I don't like them, I am a Mickey Thompson fan. IMHO

·
Registered
160 Posts
Me likey likey! I thinkim gonna go chrome too.....eventually

·
WAX museum.
2005 Tacoma
1,390 Posts
Like I said, I bought these as 'temps'.. Knowing that eventually the suspension would dictate a new wheel / tire combo, I bought them to hold me over...

Someday in the not to distant future I'll be selling the whole wheel / tire / suspension combo....

For the money they're a great wheel. And like I've said before, chrome is nice here because they never get wet. I wouldn't own them if I lived somewhere that it rains.... It's been bice not having to go through aluminum polish on a monthly basis though.

I just hated the factory wheels so much I didn't even make it home from the dealership. I drove straight from the dealership to Discount Tire and said "I'm not even parking this thing in the driveway until you get me a set of wheels that doesn't make me want to throw up." So, I'm sure I could have gotten them much cheaper if I planned on getting them and shopped around a little bit. I have no idea how much they sell for still, but I paid 600 for the set.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts