in liu of a dipstick, this is how we check/fill our cvt fluid in our iq,

hope this helps,

2014 miq.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
would love to post a pdf attachment but cannot at the moment,

do I need to post more posts or need moderator approval?

2014 miq.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes it is, would like to share it with forum members, i will keep posting until i can post attachments ;)

·
2006 xB/2015 xB
2,663 Posts
I'm afraid that is against forum Policy....

Rule 16:
16. There will be no posts or threads containing a direct link to Toyota Factory Service Manuals. All threads regarding any copyrighted Toyota material (ie., Entune) will be deleted, and Forum Administrators/Moderators reserve the right to determine what material is copyrighted or not. First offense will result in a warning, second a temporary ban, third a permanent ban. Click here to read more about this policy, particularly if you consider it unfair. Links to pirated software of any kind will not be tolerated either.

Explanation:
Toyota Nation included this rule because--contrary to popular notion--Toyota Nation is not owned or operated by Toyota Motor Corporation but is instead a private business owned by Autoguide.com. Toyota, as legal owner of all copyrighted material printed under its name, contacted Toyota Nation (among a number of other businesses) and demanded that free copies of the FSM disseminated online via web URLs or other download links not be allowed as it violates modern copyright law. Failure to follow Toyota's request would result in a lawsuit as well as an inability to use the Toyota name. Put in the most simple terms from our point of view: No use of the word Toyota means no Toyota Nation. So you can see, compliance on our part is an absolute must.

Sorry........but thanks for your understanding. :)

·
Premium Member
1994 Corolla DX
4,137 Posts
What I usually do (as do many others here) is document my own work when I do a procedure others can benefit from and post here as a DIY write-up. I also own an FSM for my car. Is my DIY inspired by the FSM? Sure. But it's my words, my pictures, and often my tinkering getting around tool/procedure limitations from not working in a shop environment. I usually post stuff like torque values verbatim from the FSM.

The additional benefit to a well-written DIY is that it introduces a level of practicality and ease of language usually not found in an FSM. The FSMs tend to be formal, have awkward language, and often assume you have all the "special tools" in the world available to you. A DIY is all about doing it in a practical manner in your own garage or driveway.

Just thought I'd throw that out there in case you'd get inspired to write a CVT fluid DIY. :)

·
2002 Ford Focus SE
5,928 Posts
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/377-11th-gen-corolla-2014-scion-im-2016/1188377-lets-discuss-cvt-transmission-fluid-really-long-read.html - Reply 26 has a link to the procedure in Russian.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/377-11th-gen-corolla-2014-scion-im-2016/1158345-2014-2015-corolla-s-cvt-servicing-unveiled-2.html

Basically - the car has to be level and you have to use TechStream to monitor the fluid temperature.

Short answer is it needs to be done (according to the owner's manual it never needs to be done) at the dealer - but it can be hard to find a dealer that understands the procedure since CVT's are new since 2014.

·
2002 Ford Focus SE
5,928 Posts
Agreed - also good member written DIY's will have things like "Remove the bolt circled in green. Do NOT remove the bolt circled in RED - it is not related and is a pain to put back on if you remove it by mistake." FSM's assume you understand things like this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks hatenfate for the info, and thanks 94rolladad,

i would love to do a DIY write-up on how to check/add cvt fluid on the iQ, we don't even need to use the scan temperature tool for tranny fluid temperature, i will work on a DIY write-up,

can i post a link to my youtube video here on the forum or no?

thanks for all your help

1 - 16 of 16 Posts