Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Tacoma 2.4L
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can you check your own CEL in 4th gen Camry's (97-01) without a scan tool? I know on the Toyota trucks you can jump the DLC1 in the engine bay and Honda's you can jump the 2pin plug inside the cabin, regardless of OBD and just count the times the CEL blinks. Is there anything like that for the 4th gen Camry's?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Don't think that's possible (jumpering). Go to a local parts store and ask them to read/clear the codes for you. Free. Or buy a OBD-II/CAN reader for about $40-50. Do searches online.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Can you check your own CEL in 4th gen Camry's (97-01) without a scan tool? I know on the Toyota trucks you can jump the DLC1 in the engine bay and Honda's you can jump the 2pin plug inside the cabin, regardless of OBD and just count the times the CEL blinks. Is there anything like that for the 4th gen Camry's?

I already tried.... no work.

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
No, starting with OBD2 for the 1996 model year you need a scan tool. You can go to Autozone or some other auto parts stores and they will read the code(s) for you for free.

Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts