Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i get my licence in about 3 weeks and am wondering what is an inexpencive way to get some more power out of my 1996 toyota tercel? the engine is a 1.5lt dohc. (just stock) but would really like to get a deeper sound out of the engine and some more power!!!!

·
Registered
219 Posts
headers:cool: ...actually there are cheap things such as....air filters...spark plugs/wires...just a couple for cheap...im not actually positive about other such things, but i'm in the exact same boat, and am opening my own thread :-D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does anybody else know what would be a good choice for any other preformance upgrades that could get my engine a little more power? it would be much appreciated!!!! thanks in advance!

·
buddha belly
94 tercel dx sedan
22 Posts
costum made cold air intake, headers, weight reduction, tires, sparkplug, taking out ur cat conveter and putting in a straight pipe. or if you got crazy money, turbo it, put some nitrus, or an engine swap.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Here's the straight-up cheapest and easiest/most effective first mods...

From my experience, you will feel a slight gain with a short-ram intake(can be got on ebay for like $40 with a filter)

GET SPLITFIRE SPARK PLUGS(can be got at Wal-Mart) part #392D !

You should feel a major difference with those plugs!

·
crazy wheels
342 Posts
gut the cats-no money just time and work (note: may not pass emissions if your state has them)
k&n filter with custom air intake-$50
spark plugs- $? i hope less than $20

thats less than $100 of mods yet you will gain maybe 10% in power

1 - 11 of 11 Posts