Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone else here ever own a chevy cavalier,. if so what are your thoughts compared to your toyota

·
Registered
41 Posts
well saturday night I was driving my moms 03' cavalier, to get parts for my corolla and I slammed into a telephone pole and messed things up. I slid on wet pavement and I must say the handling was not as good as my corolla. Of course I have updated my suspension so it steers better, but I would say that the cavy feels like it has more take off then my car.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
i love my 91 Z...but then again, it's a tincan with a V6...so it's basically like strapping MYSELF to the V6 in question...heh.

what are your plans for your cav, now that you've got the Corolla?

also - refresh my memory...you've got a 3rd gen, right?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
90rolla_4 said:
Of course I have updated my suspension so it steers better, but I would say that the cavy feels like it has more take off then my car.
it's got a bigger motor than your car does...more torque...etc. that's probably why. the 2.2L Ecotec motor is badass as far as the potential it has. the current record holder for sport compacts is a cavalier with the 2.2L eco...with a lot of internal work.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just a 1998 cav

my cavalier is just a regular base model 1998 2 door coupe
not the z one, no electric anything, all i added was tinted windows
remote start and a sub and stereo

not a bad car, but if u read up, Sunfires and cavs from gm motors were meant to be disposable cars

they arent meant to last a long time , thats y i got the toyota

guarantteed to last a long long time,

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
heh...my Z is manual everything too ;)

i guess if you're talking about the 3rd gen cavvys...those were disposable. my V6 is on its second motor, and has over 200k miles on the chassis...and still runs like a dream.

they're good cars to rat out, and have some fun in, however. don't discount that. hell, even the base 98 motor was bigger than your 1.8L in the corolla...and has more torque/HP, with about the same weight.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts