Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just started hearing a chime every time I open the driver's door. This happens even when the key is not in. Has anybody experienced anything like this before?

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
I just started hearing a chime every time I open the driver's door. This happens even when the key is not in. Has anybody experienced anything like this before?
You should have the dealer check it out. My doesn't have chime/noise when I open the door only the lights are on.

·
Registered
08 Camry I4
130 Posts
Happens on my 08 LE sometimes, sometimes not. Probably explained in the manual, but, if so, not to worry, someone on this forum will be sure to point that out.

I think it has to do when it is dark enough that the "auto" feature leaves the headlights on for a while.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru WRX STI
4,407 Posts
The only time I hear the chime is when they keys are in the ignition in either the Off or Acc position.

·
Registered
113 Posts
mine does it. but i have came to the conclusion its because of one of 2 things...

1. i left a window or sunroof open.
2. i open the door a split second faster then me pulling the key out of the ignition...

of course when i have a window or the sunroof open and i come back to my car, it chimes again as i enter the car... but more often then not, usually its number 2 for me...

·
Crash Test Dummy
2007 Toyota Camry CE
880 Posts
just press the mute button

1 - 11 of 11 Posts