Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 318 Posts

·
Administrator
2008 Highlander Base
35,284 Posts
The Wall Street Journal just posted up the top cities in America where the Chinese are buying houses either to park their money and/or to actually live in. Irvine, California, was number eight on the list if I remember correctly. I'll have to post up a link to the article tomorrow. Figures that New York City was number one on their hit parade.

·
There is no substitute.
7,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Wall Street Journal just posted up the top cities in America where the Chinese are buying houses either to park their money and/or to actually live in. Irvine, California, was number eight on the list if I remember correctly. I'll have to post up a link to the article tomorrow. Figures that New York City was number one on their hit parade.
They do that in Vancouver and Toronto as well, hence the jacked up property prices.

·
Administrator
2008 Highlander Base
35,284 Posts
They do that in Vancouver and Toronto as well, hence the jacked up property prices.
I can see why the call Vancouver the Hong Kong of Canada, at least they do in my neck of the woods here in the U.S.

Here's that link I mentioned above. Let me know if you can't see it because I'm a WSJ subscriber and sometimes the links can only be seen by members and not the general public. It's interesting.

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2014/10/22/the-top-10-u-s-states-where-chinese-are-investing-in-real-estate/

·
Administrator
2008 Highlander Base
35,284 Posts
The Chinese bitch and complain about us even coming close to the South China Sea, yet what's this? Take a look at a map (sorry, map is in Spanish) of recent oil drilling blocks that were awarded by the Mexican government to international drillers, and right up there at the tippy-top of all the tracts, smack right up against the U.S. economic zone border, is the ONLY Chinese tract in the entire area. If you think the Chinese chose that tract due to geology and oil exploration concerns, you've got another think coming.

The Wall Street Journal has a better map that shows the green tract butting up against the red border line as the Chinese tract. I couldn't link to it because of copyright.

·
Super Moderator
12,872 Posts
I'm thinkin' OSHA would have something to say about this:

·
Administrator
2008 Highlander Base
35,284 Posts
Shit....in America OSHA SWAT members would break down your front door and cavity search your three-year-old for assembling a Mr. Potato Head without a helmet, goggles, and gloves. :disappoin

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Hence the cowboys riding with safety vests that you mentioned recently. Must have been one of the saddest sights you've ever seen. :disappoin

·
Administrator
2008 Highlander Base
35,284 Posts
Pretty much.

On a related subject, I was listening to Dennis Prager the other day and he had a psychology professor from UCLA on his show, and when asked what was the greatest problem with millennials in America his response was, and to paraphrase him, "that their Baby Boomer parents bought into this new child rearing, and as part of that there is this obsession in America with safety. Safety for everything, all the time. This kids today don't know what normal life is or a normal upbringing."

:clap:

How many times have you heard that from me?

1 - 20 of 318 Posts