Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Highlander Ltd
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While washing the HL yesterday, I noticed a new chip on the black exterior trim on the driver door. It is the vertical black trim section (3-4 inches wide) of the door to the right of the driver window. The chip exposed shiny metal beneath it. I'm worried this could rust over time and because this isn't painted like the body. I'm not sure what to do in order to either touch it up or protect it.

Any suggestions? Let me know if I'm not describing it well. Thanks!

·
Trd racer
Tun/seq/HL
996 Posts
While washing the HL yesterday, I noticed a new chip on the black exterior trim on the driver door. It is the vertical black trim section (3-4 inches wide) of the door to the right of the driver window. The chip exposed shiny metal beneath it. I'm worried this could rust over time and because this isn't painted like the body. I'm not sure what to do in order to either touch it up or protect it.

Any suggestions? Let me know if I'm not describing it well. Thanks!
you can replace the trim it's pretty cheap and very easy. I need to replace the door molding trim on the driver side It appear's hail hit the chrome in that trim that I overlooked when the dealership fixed the hail damaged when it was sold brand new to Us aug 2011.

·
Registered
2011 Highlander Ltd
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Trd racer
Tun/seq/HL
996 Posts
I guess the proper term is "pillar cover". Has anyone replaced these? Are they easy?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/321119549553?lpid=82

They seem cheap enough to replace them every few years when they begin to look like crap.
Yes that's a sticker I wanted to have mine replaced because they peel in some area's but My dealership mentioned leave it alone till it get's worse they will. So Far it's been staying put but it's a 3m sticker and pretty easy to replace. The way you had it worded sounded like the rubber trim molding with the chrome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.