Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have an issue that's been annoying me. I've just recently changed my brakes 4 months ago (approx. 5000 km driven since) and the brakes been making chirping noises for the last 2 months. It occurs when I m at low speeds (ie. slowing down or picking up) and it squeaks when I apply the brakes, its getting kinda annoying to me.

I m not entirely sure whats the deal...is it because of the pads (they are Wagner products by the way)? warp rotor (i m using Brembo plain rotor)? old degraded brake lines, so the fluid isn't returning through the line fast enough? or others. I m hoping someone can help me pin point the issue, so I can fix it up, it's kinda driving me a little crazy when I m driving in heavy traffic. Appreciate all your inputs

Cheers,

·
You asked for it...
407 Posts
I think it may be several things, but a warped rotor would be my first bet.

·
Knechts autoparts guy
95 Geo Prizm
49 Posts
I actually have the exact same problem, and i changed my brakes, and resurfaced my rotors, didnt fix it, then i changed my brakes and bought bran new rotors, and it still didnt fix it, my calipers look fine n evrything. So ne input u have for this guy would help me too.
But i dont think its the rotors.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea when i m slowly rolling forward @ lets say 10 km/hr you can hear the brakes making a chirp chirp sound each time the wheel rotate, but at faster speed it disappears. Also I noticed something, when I drive in the rain like today...I had minor squeaking and barely any chirpping...weird

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
more of a chirp or creak, its a high pitch sound like when you rub metal on metal. So when it rolls its creak creak creak

1 - 8 of 8 Posts