Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
I wrench, therefore I am!
1,614 Posts
So, no oil change in US at 5000 miles?????
Too general a question to answer.

Normal or severe driving?
Recommended by Toyota, or paid for as part of TototaCare free "normal" maintenance?

·
Premium Member
2,983 Posts
No free oil change as part of ToyotaCare at 5,000 miles, no matter how you drive. The brochure below stipulates (in small print) that special/severe service schedules are not included.

If you need it because you fall into the "severe" driving, then should have it done at 5,000 but you'd pay for it. If you simply want it done at 5,000 because you don't like the idea of waiting until 10,000 miles, they'll still do it if you pay for it.

ToyotaCare will only change the oil at 10,000 and 20,000 miles, or at 12 months and 24 months if you're not putting on that many miles.

ToyotaCare Brochure

·
Registered
2021 Highlander Plat
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
If I choose to have an oil change done at the 5,000 miles check up, what can I expect to pay?

·
1,614 Posts
Is there a reason you don't pose this question to the facility that will do the work?

Reactions: Greasymechtech

·
Registered
151 Posts
If I choose to have an oil change done at the 5,000 miles check up, what can I expect to pay?
You really need to ask your stealership. Pricing will always vary even w/in the same city w/ multiple dealerships.

I will guess at least $70, as evident by Longo Toyota’s online service special coupon.
Search dealers near you for any online service coupons. Dealers will match other dealers service and parts coupon too.
Toyota.com also has Links to SOME dealers, not all dealers. Longo isn’t listed strangely enough.
Costco has service coupons w/ participating dealerships too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Based on my 2016 Highlander’s last oil change @105K two weeks ago oil change and tire rotation was $54.90 out the door all fees and taxes included. This is full synthetic with the Costco discount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
1,614 Posts
Some might think this a good question to help make the momentous decision. My guess from the east coast is most likely a waste of time. If you're just looking to get a "sense", one call to one of the candidates would give you that.

But, I guess you could post the names of all the places you're considering, and I'm sure someone here will be glad to look up their phone numbers, give them a call, and report back. It just might not happen before your 10k service.

Reactions: depmur

·
Registered
2021 Highlander Plat
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I will guess at least $70, as evident by Longo Toyota’s online service special coupon.
Prices do vary I guess. The Longo coupon that came up when I clicked on the link above read: $79.88 6-Cylinder.

Search dealers near you for any online service coupons. Dealers will match other dealers service and parts coupon too.
Toyota.com also has Links to SOME dealers, not all dealers. Longo isn’t listed strangely enough.
Costco has service coupons w/ participating dealerships too.
Thanks for this info!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m coming up to my 5,000-mile first oil change. I have several Toyota dealers in my area (southern California) and I need to choose one that I’ll be using for all of my service and warrantee needs. I’m wondering how you all have chosen a Toyota dealership to meet these needs.

This is my first Toyota in a long time which is why I’m not familiar with the dealerships in my area.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
What are of so cal?

·
Registered
2017 Prius Prime Adv
29 Posts
I’m coming up to my 5,000-mile first oil change. I have several Toyota dealers in my area (southern California) and I need to choose one that I’ll be using for all of my service and warrantee needs. I’m wondering how you all have chosen a Toyota dealership to meet these needs.

This is my first Toyota in a long time which is why I’m not familiar with the dealerships in my area.

Your first service should be covered in your purchase. Take it to any Toyota dealer.

IIRC all new vehicles come with 24K 2 years service. The 5K service is only a tire rotation. Oil change (synthetic) will be every 10K.

Did you pre pay the service?

·
Registered
2012 highlander
28 Posts
The wife's Rogue gets free oil changes (5k) free state inspections and lifetime warranty on powertrain parts and labor which is very significant when you consider the reliability of JATCO CVTs.
Lifetime warranty on the transmission.
I think you need to clarify with the dealership what
Lifetime is. It may be a specific
Amount of years. They may consider
Your car to last I don’t know 6-7 years and that
Is the life expectancy. I just find it strange that they are offering that. I have a friend that is a mechanic and he said the Rogue transmissions are so bad that dealership he orders parts
From keeps several on hand for
Immediate delivery. Most cars
If need a transmission you have to order it
At the dealership and it would take a
Few days to arrive. You should check so you what to expect if the need arises.

·
Registered
14 Posts

You can go any Toyota anywhere in the country. All Toyota dealers have your warrantee information in the system.

·
Registered
2021 Highlander Plat
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Your first service should be covered in your purchase. Take it to any Toyota dealer.

IIRC all new vehicles come with 24K 2 years service. The 5K service is only a tire rotation. Oil change (synthetic) will be every 10K.

Did you pre pay the service?
Yes, that's clear now. Thanks for the heads up.
No, I did not prepay for an early oil change.

·
Registered
1 Posts

If you're in SD Co. Avoid Toyota of Escondido...they wanted to charge me to look at a radio fault on my Highlander which was still under warranty! I had much better luck with Toyota of Poway.

·
Registered
2021 Highlander Plat
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
If you're in SD Co. Avoid Toyota of Escondido...they wanted to charge me to look at a radio fault on my Highlander which was still under warranty! I had much better luck with Toyota of Poway.
Thanks, but I'm north of you, in Buena Park.

·
Registered
2016 VW Tiguan SE 4Motion (APR Stage 1, Neuspeed P-flow/wheels)
516 Posts

You need to be more specific, SoCal is a pretty big area (especially according to the Covid regions), maybe which county, maybe city, etc.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts