Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if they make bezels that arent chrome? The bezels around my cupholders in the center console drive me nuts, as they are always reflecting the sun in my face. I typically drive with a small towel thrown over them just so I dont have to deal with the glare in my eyes. Why any manufacturer would place shiny chrome anything in the cabin that could reflect sunlight into the drivers eyes is beyond me. I would really like a carbon looking center console, as that greyish plastic they have now, really scratches easily.

·
Now - 2011 Explorer Ltd
377 Posts
Does anyone know if they make bezels that arent chrome? The bezels around my cupholders in the center console drive me nuts, as they are always reflecting the sun in my face. I typically drive with a small towel thrown over them just so I dont have to deal with the glare in my eyes. Why any manufacturer would place shiny chrome anything in the cabin that could reflect sunlight into the drivers eyes is beyond me. I would really like a carbon looking center console, as that greyish plastic they have now, really scratches easily.
I'm sure I saw a previous post on something similar to this. The problem described in that post stated that the chrome was lifting on one of the cup holders. I did a quick check and haven't found it. I have had my HL Ltd for just over a year now and have never experienced that problem with the glare that you mentioned.

Peter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts