Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
permanent hiatus
735 Posts
how bout some night pics?

i was thinking about getting those too, but im not feeling the chrome... i was thinking of spraying a few layers of dull cote on them to see what happens. give it the brushed aluminum look.

they have an aluminum bezel, but i want rings like those, except aluminum-looking :)

theyre all over ebay now

·
Registered
94 Camry Coupe
399 Posts
Yeah, I just got these too. Didn't put it on yet cuz I'm waiting for my white gauges to come in. Not sure how they will look with white gauges.

Hey WhiteR, how did you stick your rings on cuz I the sticker it came with is too big.

Nice only 46K, do you only drive once a month???:lol:

·
There is no substitute.
7,614 Posts
Darn.

Anybody is going to get it that has Indiglos installed? I'm not sure if the indiglo white will match the shinny chrome. :confused:

·
permanent hiatus
735 Posts
you know what would be great... a gauge bezel made of real carbon fiber. that will look way hotter. is there anyway you can make something like that?

when are the aluminum rings coming out?

·
permanent hiatus
735 Posts
well... id like to see it first. its unfortunate that they stuck you with fake carbon fiber. plus im not quit sure i want to try and cut the thing myself. but we'll see, those indicator lights arent that important anyway.

if you remember to bring it to the meet i can try them on there.

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i got em off ebay for 17 bucks shipped, took 2 days till i got em, so pretty fast shipping. i guess you can also go to custombezels.com and look at other ones also.

i stuck mine on with the double sided tape that it came with, yea it was much wider. so all you gotta do is get a ruler and razor blade and slice some thin strips, pretty ez, took me 30 min to put em on.

ill see if i can get night pictures of the gauges posted, so check back

·
TN's furry friend
1995 Toyota Camry LE
4,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heres a night pic, couldnt find an orange light cover for the bulb that lights the fuel gauge so i just painted over it with testors turn signal amber enamel paint, works wonders, haha, yes that was a ghetto rig

Attachments

·
permanent hiatus
735 Posts
hey man, heres a pic of my shifter light. the gauges came out really really dark, almost pitch black, so no point in posting those. the bulbs behind my gauge are kinda dark anyway, because theyre a REALLY deep red, more red than stoplight red... so yea.

the N looks invisible because red light shining thru green will make brown/black.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4287014029&congratulation_page=Y

1 - 20 of 28 Posts