Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace my alternator and I was wondering if this stuff actually works? I doubt it very much but I tried the new Krylon Fusion paint that came out for plastics. I sprayed my headlight covers, grill, engine cover, fuse box cover, air box cover......It looks sweet. Has anyone used this stuff?

·
Reppin my Home
343 Posts
I've used the plastic krylon for wheel covers.. but that's it. It works well if you do it right.. a lot of people use it for there valve covers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
How does the Krylon hold up under the hood (heat)? I probably should have asked before I went nuts with the stuff:eek:: I want to spray my alternator before reinstalling. I had a guy at work tell me it sucked.........but he's a jerk-off, he tried spraying over factory paint:disappoin . He also installed red, green, and white lights on an aqua 96 mustang.........we call it the christmas tree car.....lol

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
The Duplicolor works yes, however the flatter the surface you're spraying, the better it looks, and the ess you use.

Personally, I like Aluminum. It's a good looking silver! And DO NOT use the duplicolor clear coat, it looks nasty.

·
back again? yeah, i am.
1992 Toyota Camry
1,493 Posts
that chrome stuff is crap...i used it on my grille and its dull and started to warp the day it dried

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
I've tried those chrome sprays once and didn't liek it all. Sure didn't look like chrome to me.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
SolaraTRD said:
8.0 oz's for about $50. Wow.... It better be good
Hey, how about you me, drew and paul buy a different part of it and put 'em together and spray all our cars.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info guys. I have access to a spray gun/compressor, but......I think I'll pass. I'll post pics of the krylon as soon as I find my camera (grrrrr).

·
The Asian Sensation
1996 Lexus SC300
904 Posts
those cars look like they're t2000 in disguise (i think its t2000.... the silver shapeshifting villain in terminator)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts