Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
FJ nut
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When will they learn? My guess is: NEVER :rolleyes:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30095892/

The White House also scolded Chrysler for having a product lineup heavily weighted with trucks and SUVs, yet the only new product the company is unveiling at the New York show is a redesigned Jeep Grand Cherokee.

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
And it won't run worth a damn this model year either. :disappoin

-

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Good for them for not listening to the government and being their bitch. The Grand Cherokee also has a pretty big following of buyers, at least out here. I don't think the MPGs are great, but I thought people wanted quality cars people would buy? People who buy that type of car are not concerned with what mileage they get, period, like the Ram. While they do need more higher quality small cars, it is their choice. Chrysler should do what they want, screw the government, they can live or die or their own decisions. You also think they are just going to trash something they've already invested millions into? No way. You can argue it isn't the type of car they should be building, but they already have so much money tied into it, it would be a waste to let it go. That said, it will be interesting if they are working on better small cars as well.

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,630 Posts
Jim Press went from selling 4Runners that actually work off road to selling Grand Cherokee's. Really sad.

·
Registered
1986 Toyota Cressida
4,512 Posts
The interior of this 2011 Grand Cherokee is so much better looking than the current one. I still don't get why they're using that tinfoil plastic in their interiors...its so nasty looking in person. The Grand Cherokee is one of the few Chryslers I don't exactly mind, under Chrysler's current standards its sadly good despite being better in previous generations. If there is anything that needs to be removed from the Grand Cherokee line its the pointless SRT-8 version since it can't tow(due to its stupid exhaust) and it can't go off-road otherwise the handling would be awful.

Now...if only this translates to its terrible car lineup. The fact I had to drive the awfulness known as the Avenger yesterday...only to see my branch gained a even worse Sebring, the horror! Next time some Chrysler moron complains about how dull Toyotas drive...tell him to drive a Avenger/Sebring...they're so much worse.

·
straight cash homie
20,815 Posts
The interior of this 2011 Grand Cherokee is so much better looking than the current one. I still don't get why they're using that tinfoil plastic in their interiors...its so nasty looking in person. The Grand Cherokee is one of the few Chryslers I don't exactly mind, under Chrysler's current standards its sadly good despite being better in previous generations. If there is anything that needs to be removed from the Grand Cherokee line its the pointless SRT-8 version since it can't tow(due to its stupid exhaust) and it can't go off-road otherwise the handling would be awful.

Now...if only this translates to its terrible car lineup. The fact I had to drive the awfulness known as the Avenger yesterday...only to see my branch gained a even worse Sebring, the horror! Next time some Chrysler moron complains about how dull Toyotas drive...tell him to drive a Avenger/Sebring...they're so much worse.
What about the SRT8? That is the best thing in the Jeep lineup :D No seriously, that thing is quick. The last thing you want to do with a Jeep is tow. Anyway, the GC is a decent looking product, but obviously, who knows how long Chrysler will be around...

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,670 Posts
Chrysler obviously failed horribly when the Nitro, Compass, Patriot, and Liberty were introduced to the Chrysler family. Who the fuck buys a Compass or a Patriot for that matter? Ever since the Compass was introduced, I've only seen 2 on the road here in SoCal and that's pretty damn sad since SoCal has more cars than people.

I think Chrysler should get rid of the Liberty, Patriot, and the sorry-for-an-excuse-of-a-Jeep Compass from the Jeep lineup and just keep the GC, Cherokee, and Wrangler.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good for them for not listening to the government and being their bitch. The Grand Cherokee also has a pretty big following of buyers, at least out here. I don't think the MPGs are great, but I thought people wanted quality cars people would buy? People who buy that type of car are not concerned with what mileage they get, period, like the Ram. While they do need more higher quality small cars, it is their choice. Chrysler should do what they want, screw the government, they can live or die or their own decisions. You also think they are just going to trash something they've already invested millions into? No way. You can argue it isn't the type of car they should be building, but they already have so much money tied into it, it would be a waste to let it go. That said, it will be interesting if they are working on better small cars as well.
If they don't want the government to tell them what to build then don't ask the government for money...It's just that simple.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
Very sharp.... looks like they got the cues right, the Ford Edge is pretty good looking for an SUV

My buddy has one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts