Toyota Nation Forum banner

341 - 360 of 392 Posts

·
7,783 Posts
Let me check.... If I dont have the pix from the seller, I will take a few snaps later with my camera (cell phone camera app currently shutting down, as I changed my screen, but not figured out the issue on the Android8.1).

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Chicks trying to look cool with cigar. It doesn't end well. I like how all the guys are completely ignoring them. :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/pQoYS8M.mp4

·
3,504 Posts
Browsed a cigar shop in Las Cruces while down there. Guy there raved about these Apollo cigars, said I would love them, hard to keep in stock. In that medium to full range, apparently considered one of the top smokes in 2017: http://top25.cigaraficionado.com/2017/guardian-of-the-farm-apollo-seleccion-de-warped/ I picked up three, which closed out the box, so they gave me the box. Guy even threw in a cutter since I did not have mine. I tasted it before hitting a movie and it is good. Glad I got three of them.

Attachments

·
3,504 Posts
My mom's husband collects things. A lot of things. Over this break when we were visiting them he asked me out of the blue if I wanted a humidor. Yes please! I was in the market for one - score! He doesn't smoke cigars, just had this forever collecting dust. 14.5" x 10" x 7". Big humidor, with a rack and lower compartments. Was a red lacquer, which is not my style. Plus it must have had some serious sunlight on part of the lid over the years as there was a big fade area. We got home last night - today I sanded it down.

I plan to go a dark walnut to accent the brass/gold colored handles and hinges. Now I need to sand the lip, as I can't use the sander for that. Maybe Dremel. Maybe just by hand. Will be my at night project this week. When it is all done I will post up pics.

That second pic is a sneak peek at some other things he fobbed off on me he had forever - some kitschy ceramic whiskey containers that had Jim Beam. I will take pics of those and post in the Bourbon thread later on.

·
Registered
989 Posts
My mom's husband collects things. A lot of things. Over this break when we were visiting them he asked me out of the blue if I wanted a humidor. Yes please! I was in the market for one - score! He doesn't smoke cigars, just had this forever collecting dust. 14.5" x 10" x 7". Big humidor, with a rack and lower compartments. Was a red lacquer, which is not my style. Plus it must have had some serious sunlight on part of the lid over the years as there was a big fade area. We got home last night - today I sanded it down.

I plan to go a dark walnut to accent the brass/gold colored handles and hinges. Now I need to sand the lip, as I can't use the sander for that. Maybe Dremel. Maybe just by hand. Will be my at night project this week. When it is all done I will post up pics.

That second pic is a sneak peek at some other things he fobbed off on me he had forever - some kitschy ceramic whiskey containers that had Jim Beam. I will take pics of those and post in the Bourbon thread later on.

Nice score. :clap:

·
3,504 Posts

·
3,504 Posts
Look at those Arizona prices! :licklips:
Good pricing. The Guardians as you can see were under $8. The Lost City were just under $31 each. I dropped a little over $100. It was a top ranked cigar bar that had all the Pappy bourbons, Handy, a BUNCH of top end browns. Good place to sit and smoke a stogie and drink some high dollar bourbon. Fox's Cigar Bar in Scottsdale.

·
3,504 Posts
My advice to you is light that sumbitch up with pride! :D
If I like the designer, I plan to order a few more from them. The bit on the one I bought is reported to be very small so may be a bit odd. I want to be able to grip it and be all young Gandalf. I just shaved off my beard this morning though. Down to "rascal" stubble. Knocked a few years off my look. May have to handlebar mustache it if I go really into the pipe world ;)

·
Super Moderator
12,682 Posts
You guys may know already, but cigar taxes vary wildly by state, ranging from zero to 86% (Utah). Some have high %'s but low caps, which is great. Here's a list by state. So if you find yourself in a zero/low tax state, like Florida, Oklahoma, or Texas, stop somewhere and stock up!

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
Or better yet just move to TX to help offset the California transplants and invaders.

·
3,504 Posts
My Czech tool, pipe cleaners (both for my pipe that comes in soon), and humidor water based hydro liquid came in today. I will start prepping the humidor (as in set a soaked sponge in it for three days, on plastic) since it has been dry dry dry for years and years. Eventually I will sand the lip.

LANL shuts down for Christmas, and re-opens Jan 2. With my work schedule that means my last day is Dec 20, coming back to work Jan 2 (and no, we don't just get all those days off, have to take forced vacation for four days). But the week of Jan 2 is my short week, so I would only work two days. This means if I take Jan 2 - 3 off, that puts me back to work Jan 7; 17 days off. Whew! I just may do that. Get a lot of Honey Do's done, including this humidor project. Hmmm.....

·
Premium Member
34,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
:nopics:

Just kidding. But if you do have any pics I wouldn't mind seeing them. BTW, I don't recall that you worked at LANL. You should post to the staff "what do you do for a living" thread. :D

·
3,504 Posts
:nopics:

Just kidding. But if you do have any pics I wouldn't mind seeing them. BTW, I don't recall that you worked at LANL. You should post to the staff "what do you do for a living" thread. :D

Pushy, pushy, pushy... ;)

The Czech tool is nice: silver and gold coloring. Pipe should be here in a few weeks. Over the break I will do some tobacco shopping in prep.

I think I did post some job info in the how you earn yer bacon thread, have to go back and look.

·
Premium Member
1,270 Posts
He's not pushy, he just knows what you should be doing. :D

341 - 360 of 392 Posts