Toyota Nation Forum banner

381 - 392 of 392 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #381
Excited! We collect older books, and I stumbled on this 1899 edition of the Kipling cigar poem I posted above. Love that poem, and now for Christmas the kids got me this :) :) Not supposed to know, but Amazon, so I know! Won't get here by Christmas but will get here.

I've got quite a number of old, classic novels, some from the 1800s. Among my favorite collection of books is the original James Bond series, all original printings, in hardback. I also have the entire series, mostly first editions, in paperback. Don't know what they're worth, but I'd never sell them anyway. I'll light up a cigar some time soon and ponder that question. :D

·
3,514 Posts
I've got quite a number of old, classic novels, some from the 1800s. Among my favorite collection of books is the original James Bond series, all original printings, in hardback. I also have the entire series, mostly first editions, in paperback. Don't know what they're worth, but I'd never sell them anyway. I'll light up a cigar some time soon and ponder that question. :D
We have some nice ones. Nothing outrageous, but I dropped a few Benji's on an 18something "Emma". This bookstore in town has been carrying a complete Dickens set, something like 13 or so large books. I have been keeping my eye on it. It is consignment, and they are asking $400. I keep telling the book store to tell the seller I will take it off their hands for $250. Will see if they ever get desperate enough. Been there some years already.

Light up your cigar well away from them Bonds! :)

·
3,514 Posts
Nah, my man. If you want the best, you want meerschaum. This would suit someone of your newfound wealth:

That pic was not showing up on my end yesterday...whoa! If that were to be used as an opium pipe, may get weird to see those horses racing at your face! The smoke coming from the back end of the carriage would make you think they are moving fast!!

·
Super Moderator
12,698 Posts
That pic was not showing up on my end yesterday...whoa!
Yeah, I didn't notice the original host website was lacking the S in HTTPS. That's why. I fixed it this morning by hosting it myself.

I can't imagine anyone actually using that. But ain't it grand?!?!

·
Super Moderator
12,698 Posts
I tried one of these Caldwell Blind Man’s Bluff Connecticut’s tonite. Delicious!! It’s a mild/medium smoke, but lots of flavor! They’re a boutique brand, so kind of hard to find.

·
7,785 Posts
I have been enjoying the flavor of medium to full on a number of sticks lately. Veguras is one of them. Great smoke!
Never heard or seen these Blind Man's Bluff. I wonder what the make up is?

I am done with trying Olvivo V's...just not a pleasing smoke for me. Its been mostly Cuban lately. Although
I have been puffing a couple of the Magnums(natural and maduro)....smooth draw, and pretty flavorful.

Otherwise the go to smokes have been the Partagas Series D 4 even 5... they are doing great. Solid pleasing smoke. I just got my Cuban bundle a few days ago. We shall see if I can make them last more than 2 weeks.

For Labor Day, I have a old reserved out of production Aristoff from the late 1990's( I think they are from the Davidoff house ) I am looking forward to lighting it up tomorrow, as I don't have many of those left.

Its a long weekend ......long ashes to you all.

·
Premium Member
34,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #390
I have been enjoying the flavor of medium to full on a number of sticks lately. Veguras is one of them. Great smoke!
Ecuador Habano wrapper and with Dominican and Honduran fillers. CI review I had read said is had hints of spice and cedar. IMO, sounds a lot like a Mark Twain only with a heavier body.

·
Super Moderator
12,698 Posts
Ya know, I don't pay hardly any attention to that. Although I should, because I might find I have a predilection for Nicaraguan tobacco, or something like that. Anyway, after looking it up, they have Dominican & Honduran filler, with Honduran binder, and an Ecuadorian Connecticut wrapper. So a real hodge-podge. I just know I liked it alot!

I am done with trying Olvivo V's...just not a pleasing smoke for me.
I'm with you on the Oliva V's. Just not my cuppa tea.

·
7,785 Posts
Thanks for the info...I will try a stick if I come across it. Just had the Fonseca Cuban tissue wrapped. Tight with a thick leaf vein in it. After a few skewer stabs, it was better, but it was a lot of work to enjoy it. Maybe a bad stick. I got a few....Sadly, the flavor is not much I can say anything good about. I didn't get to light up on Labor day :-/

I watch Cigar Obsession for fun and some insight on whats rolling out, which I recommend folks check out. I may have to try a few of his recommendations...So long as he can recommend some less than 30-40$ sticks he often does with the Padros...I do love the Padro Anneversarios...but too pricey for a "go-to" or regular daily burner.

This weekend I will have plenty time in the woods to puff a few sticks :)

381 - 392 of 392 Posts