Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma Dbl Cab
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wonderig if someone could please tell me how to access the wires to these lighter plugs? I have had the heating controls out and their is now way to get to the wires this way. My problem is that I want to tap into these wires so I can hook my Sirius up with out having to use the lighter plug. Trying to go with the clean look and its nice to know it shuts of with the key. So if someone could tell me how to do this or show me some picks that would be sweet. Thanks guys.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
There's a better place to tap into if you want an ignition controlled circuit. It's an empty spot in the middle of the under-dash fuse box. Just stick a male quick disconnect into the lower terminals. You can get these terminals at Autozone or Radioshack.

When hardwiring accessories, and cutting off the cigarette plug part, make sure that your accessory actually runs on 12v. Some accessories run on lower voltage; there is a transformer inside the cigarette plug adapter. For example, many handheld GPS units run on 5 volts

1 - 2 of 2 Posts