Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About two weeks ago, I did a mechanical inspection for my car. The mechanic advised me to clean lube and adjust brake. I plan to do it by myself. But I have no idea about it. I have read the CHILTON manual, but I did not find the information about this service.
Could anyone give me some advice?

many thanks

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
stanleyeye said:
The mechanic advised me to clean lube and adjust brake.
i think the problems is that we dont know what you mean by clean lube and i guess adjust brake means either you have drum rear breaks in which you take the drum off and turn a little adjuster to make them a bit tighter ( i also been told putting the car in reverse with the parking break on also tightens them a little) or if you have rear disk then guessing if yours is like my gen 3 then there are drum brakes under the disk, so you have to take off the brake caliper and the bracket for it and then remove the disk to get to the drum brake system ..... or hope that the reverse thing works

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In fact, I do not know the definition of the cleaning lube. My brake often squeak when I brake. So I think maybe my brake pads need to be replaced. Then I asked the firestone mechanic to check my brake. They said my pads and shoes were pretty new and I just needed to clean lube and adjust brake. The labor fee is less than $30. So I guess this maybe not complicated, and I just need to clean the brake with brake cleaner and adjust my praking brake. By the way, my parking brake is not tight enough.
But I am not sure. Could any experts give me some advice?

thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts