Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was bored after school and had nothing else to, so I decided to clean my engine again:D. Now it will look nice and shiny for our trip to San Antonio, my dad finally agreed to take mine instead of his.:cool:

Pictures:

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, helps me check for leaks before the trip, so far none. Hopefully 600 trouble-free miles.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Simple Green and Lysol All-Purpose Cleaner. First time I cleaned the engine was about 4 months ago with simple green, good stuff, except I did not concentrate on the rear bank and lower part of the engine. Took care of that the second time with Lysol and let it soak for a couple minutes and rinsed engine bay thoroughly. Then used the shop vac to suck loose water and also to blow dry everything. After that I ran to the local car wash, used High-Pressure soap then High-Pressure rinse, didnt do much expect get rid of loose dirt and clean out hard to reach places. Then I used Armor-All on the plastics pieces, not the hoses. Finally wiped down everything and let it dry.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
224 Posts
looks mighty fine! if only i could find a plastic piece to go over the top of the engine i'd try that. all the ones i find break as you try to remove them, just like mine did :(

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
really? When I had to replace the gaskets, it was just two Allen screws and two metals clips, maybe they just got brittle and broke??

·
Registered
112 Posts
Wow! I wish mine looked that good! The black plastic and rubber looks NEW! Even your exhaust manifold looks good (usually those are rust-magnets!).

Thx for posting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks brand new. Great job! How did you manage to keep the water from getting to the cat convertor? Twice I've washed my engine bay, and twice I've had to take it to the shop within a day or two of the washing due to water getting into the cat.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Great job! I'm very fastidious when it comes to having a clean engine bay, so it's great to see someone else who takes a pride in how theirs looks. Looks like it was well worth the effort. I wasn't surprised to read that you used Simple Green, that stuff works wonders. Nicely done :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys:thumbsup:, I haven't had a problem with the cat, maybe you have a leak somewhere, idk. It was absolutely worth it, because as Kiwi said it is better to work on a clean engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts