Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took off the Throttle body, I cleaned with Throttle Body cleaner. Did not move the flapper or butterfly at all. Cleaned with toothbrush, and tried to get all the old dark crude out of both sides. Replace the wired gasket, but not the other gasket on the engine side, as it looked fine. Replaced all hoses. I expected a faster idle on startup, But it has been 20 hours and a few startups and drives and it seems to idle at 2100 when in neutral, and down to 1200 when it is in gear.

I have read how to make it calibrate by running for 2 minutes in gear, and 3 minutes with AC on.... but tried this AM, and may be a little better, but those 2100 and 1200 were from this morning.

Should I be patient or do something... else.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD & 1993 MR2
4,270 Posts
Vacuum leak?
Longshot, but try pulling the EFI rely for a minute or two, that will dump the energy in the ecm capacitors and in theory the ECM will relearn on startup.

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
8,390 Posts
  1. Key OFF
  2. Buy MAF cleaner & throttle cleaner
  3. Remove MAF
  4. Spray MAF cleaner into MAF
  5. Have someone assist you are place an heavy object on the accelerator pedal
  6. This will actuate the throttle open to allow you to clean it
  7. Clean/brush throttle with throttle cleaner
  8. Reinstall everything
  9. Unhook battery for more than 90 seconds
  10. Start car (it won't start)
  11. Start car again

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn’t disconnect battery. I could reset using obdii reader and do a drive cycle, if that’s the same as disconnecting battery.

will do some research on MAF sensor and it’s location

and I’ve read something about an Idle sensor as well

will give it another day, look for air hoses disconnected and if it doesn’t heal itself then will follow advice above, maybe start with reset or erase codes, even though there are no codes

reset with obdii or disconnect battery?

·
Registered
08 Toyota Camry 2AZ-FE R9K Tuned
8,390 Posts
It's not the same. Disconnect the battery for a bit after cleaning and then you start fresh. What you are doing is while driving you get weird symptoms and a engine code, so you erase the code while driving, but you still get the symptoms, so you pull over and turn off the car, and then you turn it on again and drive away again and the symptoms are gone. So clean what you need to clean then disconnect the battery and start fresh.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Disconnected the battery yesterday, and after 5 minutes of cleaning the battery terminal reconnected. First start engine didn't start. 2nd immediate difference , was high, but came down.... now this morning after a test drive around, It is 800 in drive and 1200 in park.... And seems to idle nicely. I guess disconnecting the battery is important. And from what I read the IAC is part of this Throttle Body, but I could be wrong. But all so much better. Thanks for help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts