Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
foreign to the end
05 tundra/760 volvo
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an odour problem on my tundra.This is how i fixed it on my truck and other toyota vehicles.The problem is two part,first the factory filter is usually made of paper type material that does not resist mold growth or resist moisture. First remove the factory filter and run the a/c syatem on high and spray lysol in heater/ac intake under hood until you can smell the lysol.it should sit for about 12 hrs to work,then i change the factory filter to one that is polyester with activated carbon,i use a multifit cabin filter(healthwiseautofilter.com) the polyester naturally is anti-microbial and combined with activated carbon will help this problem and also reduce toxins from entering your vehicle.If anyone needs more info let me know.I am a licensed technician with alot of experience with this problem.

·
foreign to the end
05 tundra/760 volvo
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the intake is located below the windshield on the passenger side,you will have to remove the plastic valance below the wiper arms to access,or lift it slightly to spray lysol in the area.

·
Registered
16 Posts
ewww

Lysol smells like ASS! Is there an un-scented version, because Lysol smells like a death bed.

·
foreign to the end
05 tundra/760 volvo
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turn the heater on high for awhile and open the windows the smell will go away in a hurry

·
Official TN Member
218 Posts
There is a product made just for this problem, in Canada it is available through Ford dealers its called fridgi fresh. You spray it into your air intake under the windshield cowling or you can pull your filter out and with the fan running spray it in and let it sit. In my previous life as a Ford owner it worked great. :D

·
foreign to the end
05 tundra/760 volvo
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most products i have used left a weird smell for a long time .lysol still is my pick.but i have not used the one you have mentioned,i will try it and let everyone know how it works.

·
Small Potato
88 Posts
There is a product made just for this problem, in Canada it is available through Ford dealers its called fridgi fresh. You spray it into your air intake under the windshield cowling or you can pull your filter out and with the fan running spray it in and let it sit. In my previous life as a Ford owner it worked great. :D
I used that before. That stuff works really good.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
why not just do the anti mold spray, then throw a sheet of bounce with the airfilter in the glove compartment.

·
foreign to the end
05 tundra/760 volvo
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that would work also.But the bounce sheet might restrict flow too much.the main point is carbon filters are far superior in reduceing odours and toxins read links from healthwiseautofilter.com,you will be surprised.thanks

·
08 Camry SE V6
150 Posts
Hey thanks man I was hoping I would find some good info on this I have ARDS and suffer when I get exposed to allot of airborn crap. I was looking into the Dupont Filters but it seems they are limited to a very few cars. They claim 95% or so removal of particulate. I will check out the site you poated. You can only really see how much diffrence it makes whae you can not catch your breath because a diesel just spewed toxic fumes into your car. Stop Smokin A Holes :smokin:

·
Registered
309 Posts
I believe healthman owns that company he posted the link for. Just so you know since he didn't mention it one way or the other.

The Tacoma filters are not made out of paper and can be washed.

·
Fageddaboudit!
08 Tacoma Ac 4cyl4a
167 Posts
my truck smells great.

I get the weirdest chemical odor from the A/C vent. It's very strong, and has been there since brand new. It's not a rot or moldy smell. At first I thought I was smelling a Freon leak, but the A/C still cools. Funny thing is, it doesn't always smell.

Anyone else?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts