Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using Griot's rubber cleaner to keep the rubber looking good on my Camry.
Problem is Griot's can be expensive and is not readily avialable.
I was wondering what you guys use-cleaners specifically for rubber? All purpose cleaners?
I am looking for something readily available @ the local auto parts store.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey widow's son,

Are you talking about just cleaning the Tires, not conditioning and shining? If so, I use a degreaser that I spray on the tires and let sit for 1 Minute. Then I scrub and rinse. This process is awesome for keeping your tires in a clean condition.

Wal-Mart - Simple Green
Lowes - Simple Green
Adam's - All Purpose Cleaner

Degreasers are usually always reasonable in there Prices!

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks,

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the Simple Green have any negative impact on the rubber?

·
Procrastinating on TN
'93 Pickup
3,459 Posts
I just use a large size tire brush (like where it is a curved brush to fit on tire) for my truck tires, with just car wash soap (Purple Power, $5 Checker special :banger:). Then Armor all tire shine gel or other tire shine, and my tires come out looking good. They're pretty old and they still look great. Nothing to fancy, just do that whenever you wash it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
check out your local detailing shop and see what they use, if they used a brand called technicians choice ask them to sell you a bottle of Pro23, spray it on and use a hard brisel brush, you'll want to use anything else!

·
Procrastinating on TN
'93 Pickup
3,459 Posts
check out your local detailing shop and see what they use, if they used a brand called technicians choice ask them to sell you a bottle of Pro23, spray it on and use a hard brisel brush, you'll want to use anything else!
:confused::confused:
Did you mean you won't want to use anything else?

·
'94 Camry V6/'02 Sequoia
'94 Camry/'02 Sequoi
276 Posts
I like either Westley's Bleche-Wite or Eagle One All Wheel & Tire for serious tire cleaning, which I do maybe once a month or so. Clean one wheel & tire at a time (use a dedicated wheel cleaner if you're using Bleche-Wite), scrub with a brush and use a sudsy rinse followed by a strong rinse with a hose.

If it's a daily driver, I wouldn't worry about a cleaner since you'd probably wear out the tread before any ill effects would show up due to harsh cleaners.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts