Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am tyring to install clear corners on my 99. I undo the one plastic snappy bolt thing and then I got stuck from there, I can't even see the socket for the lamp, I am guessing it is behind all that metal I can't easily get to, Any tips on this? thanks.

·
Naturally Aggravated
77 Posts
Just did this 2 hours ago... the wiring harness to the bulb has about 6 inches of slack so you pull the whole unit out (slide forward as grapefury said) and then twist the socket to remove it from the lens assembly. Took me all of 10 minutes... 'course I have spent quite a few hours (read thousands) in my bro's body shop over the years.

·
The Smashing Pumpkins
335 Posts
Get a piece of paper and wedge it between the corner lens and the headlight, then get a flat screw driver and stick it in there too. Pry the corner lens out (away from the car) it'll make a pop sound, then just slide it out, towards you.

·
TRD Guy
588 Posts
grapefury said:
^ the easiest mod I ever faced was shaving the LE off the back. all i needed was some tooth floss.. :D
but this is pretty easy too

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Its not that easy. It takes a lil work and it was scary for me since it was my first mod and didn't wanna break anything.

Take a screwdriver and put some tape on it so you dont scratch up the paint pry it a lil on some places.

Yeh do a search.

·
Registered
29 Posts
lol when camnub did his, i had wrecklessly pull the stock corner off, probably scared the crap out of him:lol:

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
How much were the corners? GOt pics? You happy with them?

·
Where are we going today?
Camry 00/Corolla 19
2,606 Posts
if u cannot do it. do not shoot ur self.

Take out the car manual that came with your car. It will have pictures, yes.. PICTURES and step by step instructions.. have fun.

I think the lights cost like 11$ but they get you on shipping ($10-18). Be willing to pay up to $38-40 shipped.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts