Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have left this clear tape on my car as I was not sure if this was an add on? It it clearly deliberitly placed but should it have been removed when the car was getting prepped
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Automotive lighting

. I am the second owner. This is located on both sides of the car just in front of the rear tires.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But it will yellow over time and I would like to know if it was from the factory, dealer, port or just something the prior owner installed. I also do not see it on a lot of the cars.

·
2019 Avalon Limited
Avalon Limited 2019
205 Posts
I have it and I bought my car new, 6 miles on the ODO. I always thought it was for protection from gravel and the like.

·
Registered
644 Posts
But it will yellow over time and I would like to know if it was from the factory, dealer, port or just something the prior owner installed. I also do not see it on a lot of the cars.
I have it and I assume all Avalons have it, and if that assumption is correct, it is most likely installed at the factory. Yes it will yellow over time, anything clear plastic exposed to sunlight eventually will, including the headlight covers, but you’re not going to remove those too, right?

·
Premium Member
2019 Avalon Limited, Advanced Safety Package, BlackVue DR-750 Dash Cam, Ceramic Pro Coating, XPel
1,037 Posts
It's your vehicle, take it off if you want, but if you do, you will get rock/gravel chips in those areas, that's why Toyota puts it on EVERY Avalon.

·
Premium Member
2019 Avalon Limited, Advanced Safety Package, BlackVue DR-750 Dash Cam, Ceramic Pro Coating, XPel
1,037 Posts
A nicer soft toothbrush will clean that up really well.

·
Premium Member
2021 Avalon XSE Hybrid
7,170 Posts
I'd have to check but I'm pretty sure my '21 XSE does not have it.
It is an option, but I don't think it's standard.
It's certainly optional on the leading edge of the hood and front fenders... but I've not noticed it on my rears.

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
It's not an option, at least not where the OP is talking about, which isn't on the hood.

I'd have to check but I'm pretty sure my '21 XSE does not have it.
It is an option, but I don't think it's standard.
It's certainly optional on the leading edge of the hood and front fenders... but I've not noticed it on my rears.

·
Registered
2020 Avalon Hybrid Limited
54 Posts
That's this thing. My car doesn't have it but will be adding it soon

My 2019 plastic looks new, but I have a black Avalon. I also have the optional trunk/bumper cover which has a small Toyota emblem.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts