Toyota Nation Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Camry XLE V6 with 20X9" wheels & 245/35/ZR20 tires. Even after rollin the fenders I still rub in the back only. It just doesn't cut my tires anymore. I'm about a 1/2 inch away from clearing in the back. I've seen it done in pics but how? I know lowering will pull rear in, but is it enough?? Will a camber kit adding more negative be enough? The offset is 35, which is what I was told it needed to be. It has to be lowered at least an 1 1/2" in the front. The gap is too big. Are there any fabrications to the fenders possible? I was also told that shaving the inside of the hub will pull tire in. There is no other offset for these wheels at 5X114.3 so I'm stuck. PLEASE HELP!! I'll add pic in a day or so so you can see what I'm talking about. It looks really good w/ 20's.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The V6 gets lousy gas mileage as it is. I could care less about that. Why would I lose power? What does that have to do with the suspension?

·
Traitor
332 Posts
warlock said:
rotating mass.the more you have the more power it takes to move it,i have a imz-fe and get 300 mils or more out of a tank?
300 miles out of a tank...i have the same engine but i dont know what i get out of a tank bc i can never afford a full tank :lol:

btw...20's on a camry cant look that great

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My onboard computer says I get 308-317 MPG on my 20's. Also, the VVT-I pulls pleanty and with the mods will be close to 300HP. Is that enough? Also, it won't sound like a Honda with that nasty tin can nonsense. A modified Lorinzer exhaust will be fabricated for it's supercharger. It's going to be done right.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
20's don't look that great?? Now I'm motivated to go get a cam to show you. Also, it depends on the wheel. My ADR Raidens were chosen over Giovannis & Gianelles. Once the gap is reduced it will be perfect. The gap in the front kills it. Wait til you see the Eclipse AVN & the Mercedes S Class style tails.

·
Registered
113 Posts
cant u just cut out the fender wells to make them fit. because thats wat i plan doin wit my lexus to fit some 19" DUBS in there

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My Avg. MPG is 20.8. Before the 20's it was 22.6. Oh geez...I lost 1.8MPG. I think I can live with that. My tires are $250/EA....gas is not the issue. I just want to get that last 1/2 inch inside the well.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How does cutting the fender help? That's just going to increase the gap all over again. The object is to get the fender as close to the top of the rim without any rubbing. I've seen an 03 on the web with 20" spinners and her car was dumped. Way lower than I intend to go. I assume she went with bags but who knows... I'm not putting bags on a daily driver...kills the ride

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
i like the look of a car that is level to the road not the gap in the wheel well.the front wheel well is bigger to handle the travel of the wheel it terns not strate aways,
if you got any pics i would love to see them

THIS PAGE IS:eek:wned:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Our digital is at the office..all I have is our video camera and I'm not sure how to get that on the web. I'll take a few on Monday. The Nav system won't be installed till the headrest monitors arrive. I got a 5 year-old who needs his Xbox in the back seat. They also make infared controllers so there's no wires exposed at all. The only thing this car won't be able to do is fly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well....kicked the wife to the curb. My son is all the family I need. Folks are Mercedes freaks, but I can't afford that luxury so this is my "poor man's Benz".

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.