Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Buick Century
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I replaced my regulator and motor on driver side runs great now but now when it goes up there is a clicking and still has a hard time goin up but makes it just alot of clicking any one have any idea what it could be also what could cause my rear windows to only go down when my driver door open

·
Turbo Snail
Cam A Roo
5,300 Posts
I know one of my cars had this problem too.. It ended up being one of those plastic guides that the wire rides on was cracked and was binding on it.

And as far as the back windows , I can almost 100% say that you have a wiring issue there. Try pulling your drivers door harness through inside and pull the grommet off of it and check the wiring. I bet you have a cracked wire. The toyota has weird wiring.. they use Floating grounds, which the ground wires actually change from one wire to another when you go either up or down.

You have to remember these cars are pretty old and the door has been opened and closed 1000's of times. Take a coat hanger and bend it back and fourth. After a couple minutes of bending it it breaks. Same concept only its a longer period of time and its a thinner Bunch of wires

Thats the reason why your windows are only working when the door is open, the wires are making contact when its opened ( -- ) .. When its closed ( -_ ). :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts