Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Toyota Camry
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 Toyota Camry. Recently, got car detailed and replaced rear struts. After getting it detailed, I notice when braking that it makes a clicking sorta noise. Got brakes changed 2 months ago, brand new. What is the noise and how can I fix it? :headbang:

·
Banned
Car
417 Posts
I have a 1996 Toyota Camry. Recently, got car detailed and replaced rear struts. After getting it detailed, I notice when braking that it makes a clicking sorta noise. Got brakes changed 2 months ago, brand new. What is the noise and how can I fix it? :headbang:
does your car have a rear disk brake or not?

·
Registered
1996 Toyota Camry
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know the spring in the front strut (driver's side) is broken but has been for some time. never heard the noise before till friday. Not sure miles but 147000 kms.

·
93 Camry LE 5S-FE
93 Camry LE
2,038 Posts
If the spring is broken thats probably the noise. That could also cause the strut to become compromised so Id have both the springs and struts looked at. Chances are the springs should be fine with only 91k miles. It sounds to me like the front struts need replacing especially if the back ones were just done. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1996 Toyota Camry
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got it looked at Active Green & Ross and was told to replace entire strut, but you know how they'll tell you anything to make money. I'm wodering should I just replace the spring or the whole thing. I replaced the entire back with Monroe Quick Struts.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts