7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #506

·
Registered
808 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well, around here it feels like it'll be an early fall this year. This means I agree with their statements that the temps are the same or are below.
Snow in the Fairbanks area already, which normally doesn't show up for at least a couple more weeks. But then this is how global warming manifests itself. It tricks us by going colder, all the while actually being warmer, and of course it's our fault. Yep. Yours and mine. Unless we give them our votes and money. That is the only way out of the hopeless abyss.

Just remember, colder means warmer. Or something like that.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
Snow in the Fairbanks area already, which normally doesn't show up for at least a couple more weeks. But then this is how global warming manifests itself. It tricks us by going colder, all the while actually being warmer, and of course it's our fault. Yep. Yours and mine. Unless we give them our votes and money. That is the only way out of the hopeless abyss.

Just remember, colder means warmer. Or something like that.
Also known as religious orthodoxy. Don't deny it, lest you be cast down as a sinner, or worse, heretic.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Also known as religious orthodoxy. Don't deny it, lest you be cast down as a sinner, or worse, heretic.
OMG! Let's hurry up and change our values and throw away all rational thinking before they attack us for not allowing ourselves to be forced into pens filled with all their other useful idiots.
Or better yet, let's just keep calling them out for what they are.

·
Premium Member
34,420 Posts
I've already been called ALL 3 of those...by a Mormon. Mostly because I drink coffee and eat meat.
Interesting, because I have yet to encounter a Mormon who didn't have a live-and-let-live approach to people who were not Mormon. I'm in no way denying that happened to you, I'm only saying it's so contrary to the Mormons I've encountered over the years. That's a shame. Both my CPA and personal lawyer are Mormons. I wouldn't have it any other way when you're dealing with finances, etc.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Interesting, because I have yet to encounter a Mormon who didn't have a live-and-let-live approach to people who were not Mormon. I'm in no way denying that happened to you, I'm only saying it's so contrary to the Mormons I've encountered over the years. That's a shame. Both my CPA and personal lawyer are Mormons. I wouldn't have it any other way when you're dealing with finances, etc.
Oh, I've met and drank beer with Mormons before. Most are ok. This guy and his wife are vegans too, which is probably where I earned it. She used to teach at the University in Boise Idaho (where I met them), but 2 years ago they moved to SLC Utah. From the sound of things, they sold their home to someone from California, so they could move there. I guess they like it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Oh, I've met and drank beer with Mormons before. Most are ok. This guy and his wife are vegans too, which is probably where I earned it. She used to teach at the University in Boise Idaho (where I met them), but 2 years ago they moved to SLC Utah. From the sound of things, they sold their home to someone from California, so they could move there. I guess they like it.
Rather than pointing out that they just happened to call themselves Mormons, it's more on point in explaining their attacks on you by mentioning they are vegans. Most who call themselves vegans have at least a bit of emotional problems, instability and are more defined by their vegan religion than any other characteristic of who they are.

I know some vegans who are good people, but they definitely want you to change your ways.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I've only known a couple of Mormons, but lots of vegans and it's definitely the vegan in them that went after him and not the other way around.
You're probably right about that. I don't really think religion had anything to do with it, unless being a vegan is a religion.

·
Registered
808 Posts
OMG! Let's hurry up and change our values and throw away all rational thinking before they attack us for not allowing ourselves to be forced into pens filled with all their other useful idiots.
Or better yet, let's just keep calling them out for what they are.
Or better yet, send them a big pile of money, and see if they'll change their mind. :rolleyes:

·
7,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #520
501 - 520 of 561 Posts
About this Discussion
560 Replies
34 Participants
Corrolla clone
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing