Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if a car that didn't come with Climate Control can get it installed? It seems like I could just pop out the existing controls and pop in the climate control unit, with the only problem I can think of being that it'll need some kinda temp sensor. Is that built into the climate control panel?

I have a 2003 Camry LE, and I wanna install the CC since it drives me nuts constantly adjusting the temperatures-especially when I'm driving from a cold place to a hot place or vice versa.

Also, anybody know where I could buy a sportivo grille, or maybe the 2005 XLE grille on the cheap? I think it'd update the look of my car just enough to look fresh again.

·
Gen5.5 Sportivo V6
04 Camry Sportivo V6
554 Posts
im not sure if it is just a straight swap for climate control....

but anyway, the temp sensor, i believe it is underneath your steering wheel.
on that panel there should be a little hole, looks like a very small vent, that is where the temp sensor would be. (correct me if im wrong guys :p: )

for the Gen5 Sportivo grille, they are all gone, one of the guys here got the last one in Aus :lol:
a few guys here are doing the 05 XLE grille thing too, if you search there are a few threads on it somewhere ;)

·
TN's ExercisePhysiologist
96 S/CToyotaAvalonXL
851 Posts
I was curious about that too, except for an avalon. I do notice, however, that when I took my manuel climate control out there were tension cables used to adjust the cold-heat setting as well as the type of vent (defog, high, high& low, low). Also I think there are other computer components that is needed. For the back of my manuel CC there were only the cables, where as the Auto CC had nothign but plugs . But if you do do it, let me know, i'm curious to see if ne 1 did this before. Sorry I couldn't be of ne help.

·
Formerly Mad Scientist
'02 Camry LE
263 Posts
Looking at the electrical wiring diagrams, this isn't possible, because the two use different connectors. At least, it'd be a huge wiring headache if it were at all possible.

·
HID/Retrofit Expert
2002 Camry LE
4,305 Posts
I think I was the one who got the last one in Aussie... when I e-mailed Stephen Wallace about it, he told me that he had only 1 left in stock... Terry, do you know if they are planning on continuing production on Gen 5 Sportivo parts at all? I'm planning on eventually ordering a Sportivo kit, but I just hope that it wont be all gone and production stopped by the time I get it...

·
Gen5.5 Sportivo V6
04 Camry Sportivo V6
554 Posts
well as you know they dont have anymore Sportivo Grilles, thus no more production :p:

but the Gen5 Sportivo Kits on the other hand, im not too sure...
because they were stock on the sportivo models, so they might still make them for spare parts etc.

·
The Cool Guy
Toyota Camry 02
2,564 Posts
oh NO! I hope they keep continuing to make those kits >_< i was planning on getting one too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking at the electrical wiring diagrams, this isn't possible, because the two use different connectors. At least, it'd be a huge wiring headache if it were at all possible.
This is what I noticed too. I was in a salvage yard, took both units out and compared the backs. The connectors are totally different. Bummer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts