Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 4Runner
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if it is a fuse or some sort of relay or switch that powers the backlight for the climate controls (temp, A/C, etc)? All other lights in my 93 4Runner work excpet the backlight for those controls.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
93 4Runner
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've never taken the dash apart before so I'm not sure if I want to takle this problem. I'm more familiar with hondas as this is the first toyota I've owned. I wonder where I can get aome diagrams or something to check out behind the dash?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The dash is really really easy. Start from the passanger side of the car underneath the glove box and just start takin out screws and moving left. Some things are screwed it and some things are snapped in, so if you're stuck and think something should be coming out because there aren't any more screws to remove, give 'er a good yank. Once you do it a few times it'll take about 5 mins or less to get to the insides of the dash.

·
Banned
443 Posts
toyota gwairf said:
The dash is really really easy. Start from the passanger side of the car underneath the glove box and just start takin out screws and moving left. Some things are screwed it and some things are snapped in, so if you're stuck and think something should be coming out because there aren't any more screws to remove, give 'er a good yank. Once you do it a few times it'll take about 5 mins or less to get to the insides of the dash.
Damn, I hope you didn't do all that to get to the bulb. Pull off the four slider knobs, faceplate pops right off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts