Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
very odd thing happening.

sometimes when I turn the wheel and accelerate or just punch the pedal a bit my climate control (heat or ac whatever its set to) just turns on. more than a few times while making a k-turn or parking and turning my steering wheel to the extreme why heat/air system will just turn on. seems like it could be some kind of short..anyone have any idea? I don't have time to leave it at the dealer for them to tell me "cannot be replicated". thanks in advance.

·
Banned
Every Toyota
345 Posts
very odd thing happening.

sometimes when I turn the wheel and accelerate or just punch the pedal a bit my climate control (heat or ac whatever its set to) just turns on. more than a few times while making a k-turn or parking and turning my steering wheel to the extreme why heat/air system will just turn on. seems like it could be some kind of short..anyone have any idea? I don't have time to leave it at the dealer for them to tell me "cannot be replicated". thanks in advance.
Are you driving a Camry XLE with the HVAC controls on the steering wheel? Your probably just hitting the buttons by accident...

·
Registered
08 Camry LE
1,039 Posts
Are you driving a Camry XLE with the HVAC controls on the steering wheel? Your probably just hitting the buttons by accident...
I'm thinking the same thing. However, I don't think he hit the buttons by accident. The same thing happens to me with my music control but not all the time. When I turn the steering to the extreme and keep it for like 2-3 seconds, the volume turns up (however, the head unit does not display that my volume has increased); when I release the steering, it becomes normal. I tried to duplicate the problem, but it only happened like 4-6 times out of 10.

·
07 Camry SE & 03 Acura TL
'07 Camry SE
98 Posts
I'm thinking the same thing. However, I don't think he hit the buttons by accident. The same thing happens to me with my music control but not all the time. When I turn the steering to the extreme and keep it for like 2-3 seconds, the volume turns up (however, the head unit does not display that my volume has increased); when I release the steering, it becomes normal. I tried to duplicate the problem, but it only happened like 4-6 times out of 10.
I thought I was imagining this when it happened today. volume seamed to get louder & louder...very strange. I put it down before I got out of the turn so I don't know if it would have gone back down by itself

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nahh, not hitting any controls on the steering wheel. it just pops on for no reason. sometimes i try to gun it or make a strong (slow turn) in a parking lot and I can't get it to work. It happens 1-2 times per week maybe a bit more. yes, I have an XLE

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Bad clockspring

1 - 7 of 7 Posts