Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clock on the infotainment screen keeps reverting back to 24h format but I can’t figure out when/what triggers it. The clock on the gauges screen stays at 12h.

I go to Menu-General-Clock and 24 hour time format is on. I click it, and it flashes off but switches back to on. Then I tap again and it goes to off successfully. Also I think I just realized that the lower clock on the setup screen was showing 12hr format as expected even though the 24h option showed on. For that first flash/change, it swaps that lower clock to 24hr. Then the 2nd tap moves both clocks back to 12h.

Anyone else?

Attachments

·
Registered
439 Posts
Have you read the owner's manual? There's likely a conflicting setting that's causing the problem, mine works as it should on the default 12hr setting.

Every time I look something up, I learn something that's much different than any of my 3rd and 4th gen Rav4s.... Like pressing and holding the unlock button on the fob opens all the windows and moonroof. Also pressing the lock button three times, but only holding it down for 3 seconds on the third press will remote starts the vehicle just as if it had a factory remote start, this may only apply to upper trim levels, I'm not sure of that tho, it works on mine with Entune Audio Plus.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't looked yet! It happens so randomly, that it makes me thinks it's a bug of some sort and not something I'm doing wrong.

I knew about the keyfob and pressing lock 3 times and holding on the 3rd time to start the vehicle. However I had no idea about the unlock one! Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Adventure and it happens from time to time with mine as well. I have the settings defaulted to 12-hour format but when I notice it switches to 24-hour format is after I end a phone call. Usually, I just tap the clock on the touch screen and change it back, but it does get annoying. Side note when the center console switches to 24hour the clock near the speedo stays 12-hour format.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the Adventure and it happens from time to time with mine as well. I have the settings defaulted to 12-hour format but when I notice it switches to 24-hour format is after I end a phone call. Usually, I just tap the clock on the touch screen and change it back, but it does get annoying. Side note when the center console switches to 24hour the clock near the speedo stays 12-hour format.
Mine did it again recently, directly after an Entune update. My soeedo clock stays at 12-hr also!

·
Registered
439 Posts
The recent OTA updates were software updates to Entune app suite, firmware updates are done by USB or by the dealer service dept, right now there are no updates for the '19 Entune systems. I have the Entune Audio Plus infortainment system and have not had a problem with the time format changing in over 2 months of ownership, it appears the problem reported here may only be with the Premium Audio w/Dynamic Nav.

https://www.toyota.com/owners/my-vehicle/entune

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The recent OTA updates were software updates to Entune app suite, firmware updates are done by USB or by the dealer service dept, right now there are no updates for the '19 Entune systems. I have the Entune Audio Plus infortainment system and have not had a problem with the time format changing in over 2 months of ownership, it appears the problem reported here may only be with the Premium Audio w/Dynamic Nav.

https://www.toyota.com/owners/my-vehicle/entune
Thanks, I just had it happen again today. Hopefully something is released for tge version I have in a future update.

·
2015 Corolla S Premium
1,246 Posts
I just turned the "auto update by GPS" or however it reads to OFF. I'll just keep an eye on it and adjust it manually, until Toyota fixes this. So far, so good, since nothing is updating the time "automatically."

From what I understand, this is a very common problem. For me, I never had any issue whatsoever until I activated the "remote connect" feature, and then it changed immediately. So, that's what I blame it on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just turned the "auto update by GPS" or however it reads to OFF. I'll just keep an eye on it and adjust it manually, until Toyota fixes this. So far, so good, since nothing is updating the time "automatically."

From what I understand, this is a very common problem. For me, I never had any issue whatsoever until I activated the "remote connect" feature, and then it changed immediately. So, that's what I blame it on.
I do use Remote Connect so maybe it has something to do with it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Have you read the owner's manual? There's likely a conflicting setting that's causing the problem, mine works as it should on the default 12hr setting.

Every time I look something up, I learn something that's much different than any of my 3rd and 4th gen Rav4s.... Like pressing and holding the unlock button on the fob opens all the windows and moonroof. Also pressing the lock button three times, but only holding it down for 3 seconds on the third press will remote starts the vehicle just as if it had a factory remote start, this may only apply to upper trim levels, I'm not sure of that tho, it works on mine with Entune Audio Plus.
The remote start procedure using the fob does not work on LE. Will have to try pressing and holding unlock for windows. I know that on the LE, you can roll all windows down from outside driver's door by inserting key and turning and holding in the unlock position. Turning and holding in lock position rolls them up. If I remember correctly, this behavior defaults to being disabled and must be enabled by using something like Carista (or Techstream, etc.).

·
Registered
439 Posts
Mine has enabled 24hr time twice since I reported it not changing, so mine has the same bug.

The remote start with the Fob is part of Remote Connect and only available with Entune Audio Plus and Premium infotainment systems, when the 6 month trial ends, so does the service unless renewed for $8 a month or $80 a year. The auto open all windows and moonroof is a customization option normally disabled according to the manual, but many have reported it on, I think Toyota techs doing initial programming at PDI are winging it and enabling everything, mine was the first done at the dealer I bought from, took him a long time to do it since he had to go through every page of Techstream custom settings.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The remote start with the Fob is part of Remote Connect and only available with Entune Audio Plus and Premium infotainment systems, when the 6 month trial ends, so does the service unless renewed for $8 a month or $80 a year.
Gotcha

The auto open all windows and moonroof is a customization option normally disabled according to the manual, but many have reported it on, I think Toyota techs doing initial programming at PDI are winging it and enabling everything, mine was the first done at the dealer I bought from, took him a long time to do it since he had to go through every page of Techstream custom settings.
I didn't bother looking in the manual about the windows/moonroof open by fob since it don't see it in the actual vehicle settings. Turning it on/off via something like Carista is available on mine, but I left it disabled as it already was in my case.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
6 Participants
InTheUS
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing