Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed a sony cd player and i hooked every thing up but now the clock wont go off when the car is shut off

·
5S-FU
96 Toyota Camry LE
600 Posts
I believe all the auxillary power is shut off to the cabin when the ignition is off and the key is taken out. Perhaps this radio has it's own temporary power?

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Ensure you have the ACC and constant +12V wires are not reversed. When you turn the car off, does the stereo stop playing?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a red and yellow tied together that i have runnin through a inline fuse system so i wouldnt blow the radio if i messed up. i will take a picture tommorow to show u what i mean.

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
That could be the problem. The red and yellow wires are supposed to go to different wires on the car. The radio should already have a fuse somewhere either on the red or yellow wire (don't remember which one it should be on) or on the back of the deck.

Did you use a wiring harness or did you connect it directly to the car by crimping or other means?

·
Registered
1986 toyota camry
119 Posts
In my '84 camry, the yellow wire is accessory power, only on when the ignition is on, and the red wire is always on power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts